XME Card unable to verify

Hi,
I have been trying to add my mastercard (xme card Intesa Sanpaolo) debit card for a few days without success. After adding it, I click on verify now and I’m given the message “We couldn’t verify your card We were unable to verify your card at this time, please try again.” and no transactions are made on the card. I have tried several times.
I tried to call my bank and they told me that according to them the transaction is refused because mine is not a credit card.
I ask you if anyone had the same problem and managed to solve it.

Thank you so much
Lorenzo

Hey @lorenzing, welcome to the Community! :partying_face:

There’s a couple of different reasons why this might happen. It’s definitely best to get in touch with support (support@curve.app) so they can look into this for you.

I am sorry Hannah but after sharing a similar problem I had with Wirex no one from the support seems to care much about really verifying the issue :frowning: Wish there would be much more attention to this kind of problems which we send to the support team. AT this stage I still could not verify my Wirex card and decided not to use it on Curve.

Thanks a lot to everyone, I contacted your customer service and that of my bank. Tomorrow I have to call the bank again to see if they can do anything. If I find a solution I will update you, it would be essential for me to have this card otherwise the service would not be very useful to me.

Good night
Lorenzo

1 Like

Some (crappy) banks restrict online transactions to their credit cards. According to the info you presented it seems it’s your bank restricting online transactions, hence why it doesn’t work with Curve

Hi,
today I contacted my bank about the problem and they told me that if the request for the microtransaction is made as a subscription the bank refuses it, if it is made as an ecommerce payment it is successful. Can curve manage it as an e-commerce payment to verify the card?
I’m waiting for a response from the curve support team.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Please keep us updated :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much!

Regards

Lorenzo

Someone reported a similar issue (and response from their bank) before:

I think every single Curve transaction has the ‘pre-authorized’ flag set and is therefore seen as “recurring”. So if your bank blocks those transactions, you probably can’t use that card with Curve.

1 Like

Ciao @lorenzing,
XME Card di Intesa San Paolo, non supporta le micro transazioni. Penso sia una loro scelta, tra l’altro è l’unica carta di intesa che non supporta Curve.

Grazie mille per l’informazione @Mattia95, è un vero peccato, ho visto che è uscita la XME Card Plus, sapete se questa è compatibile?

Buona giornata

Lorenzo

Ciao @lorenzing,
devi sentire Intesa San Paolo e chiedere a loro se la nuova XME supporta le micro transazioni.

Hai preso in considerazione di cambiare banca?

Buona serata.

Purtroppo anche la XME CARD PLUS ha lo stesso problema. Ho inviato un reclamo e proseguirò inviandolo anche alle authorities e all’arbitrato finanziario poiché questa limitazione non è scritta da nessuna parte ne sul contratto ne online. Non c’è davvero niente da fare? Insieme a Unicredit è una delle due principali banche italiane!

Is it just me or I see more and more card not allowing Curve ? Not talking only about debit cards but also main banks card :frowning:

Ciao @morellofederico, benvenuto in community!
XME CARD PLUS, ha il difetto di non supportate le micro transazioni! UniCredit funziona invece.

Resto a disposizione.

Buona serata,
Mattia

Ehi :stuck_out_tongue: qui puoi parlare italiano :grimacing:

C’hai ragione anche tu :smiley:

1 Like

Sto valutando insieme a due associazioni di consumatori di segnalare il blocco delle microtransazioni all’arbitrato finanziario, vi tengo aggiornati. È davvero un peccato, confermo che con unicredit funziona tutto bene

1 Like

Ciao @morellofederico,
Tienici aggiornati! Così possiamo dare una soluzione a tutti quanti. Il servizio clienti Intesa San Paolo lo hai sentito? Cosa dice?

Resto a disposizione.

Buona serata,
Mattia

P.s. Io avrei già chiuso il conto :joy:

1 Like

LOL ahahahha :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like