What's the point of Curve?

I am a bit lost.

I heard that previously Curve would allow members to get cashback from over 100 stores. Now, people can only select 3 of them… and from what I am seeing, can only get cashback for 3 months.

And then what?

What’s the point of Curve,really? Sure, maybe it’s more convenient to be carrying a single card instead of many, but I only really have 3-4 cards, that I regularly use, so not that much of a big deal.

I would much prefer to have that 1% cashback.

1 Like

I presume you’ve not visited Curve’s website and looked through the features…?

1 Like

To be honest, for the average person who probably already carries and uses only one or two payment cards, Curve does not add much value. Most likely, it just adds unnecessary complexity for most people. The cashback is too insignificant to be worth the hassle.

However, some of us, for whatever reason, have many financial accounts, maybe across multiple countries (both EEA and non-EEA) and for us Curve actually simplifies things.

For example, I have income in USD and CAD going into US and Canadian accounts. Curve allows me to spend that money where an EEA card and/or billing address is required and still charge those non-EEA accounts directly (and even do FX at 0% markup if needed).

Also, I like to track my expenses and being able to generate a single CSV export of all my transactions across all my cards saves me a lot of time.

Some other minor benefits are the ability to use Apple Pay for normally unsupported cards, and to use chip+pin and/or contactless for US chip+signature / non-contactless cards.

6 Likes

No ATM fee
Some ATM still charge, but the bank ATM that some bank also charge

In most case great currency exchange rate

1 card, 1 pincode for all cards

In case of a data leak or fraud, only 1 card need to be replaced

2 Likes

Nice one, mate.

Yah, I have… this one especially

" Want to earn money for nothing?"

For me the biggest advantage is being able to use my points earning Creditcard abroad, without having to pay ridiculous FX fees. (But Curve, could you please, please, please drop the FX weekend mark-up!)

5 Likes

What is that weekend mark up? I havent heard that before?

Thank you advance:)

Also, my top reasons to use Curve: Its cool, its simplifying things and go back in time is pretty cool.

https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/214124809-What-foreign-exchange-rates-will-I-pay-?mobile_site=true

On weekends, which we count as Friday 23:59 - Sunday 23:59, the UK foreign exchange markets are closed. During this time, we take the rate from Friday 23:59 and charge an additional 0.5% for all transactions made in GBP, EUR and USD and 1.5% for all other supported currencies.

3 Likes

Thank you for your fast reply!

Ah, I didnt remember that, thanks:)

1 Like