We created this forum to become closer with out customers. Feedback and criticism is welcomed and should be encouraged - it makes Curve a better company.
Reasons for flagging someones’ post should be limited to: off topic posts and when a post is breaching the Code of Conduct. Off topic posts can be moved to existing or new topics.
Flagging is an in-built moderation measure in Discourse, intended to dissuade bad behavior and spam, as well as to promote civilised discourse. If you want to raise an issue about a post without derailing the topic at hand, the best course of action is usually to flag it.
What happens when you post is flagged?
For a single flag, the post appears in the staff flag queue. Staff will review the flag and choose which action to take, including hiding the post, deleting the post, ignoring the flag, and more.
For 5 flags (updated from 3) from Trust Level 1 members, the post is immediately hidden. Staff will review the flag and choose which action to take, including hiding the post, deleting the post, ignoring the flag, and more.
- What the author will see is “Your post was flagged by the community. Please see your messages”.
- What the community sees is “This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden. View hidden content.”.
What can an author do?
- The author can edit the post, it will then be un-hidden and nothing else happens. No harm no foul, and notably no formal moderators action is required.
- The post author does not edit, does not appeal: the post is never un-hidden. If a post stays hidden for 30 days, it is automatically deleted.
- If the same post is hidden a second round of flags, the flags must now be manually handled by a moderator at that point, there is no automatic unhiding through edit possible.
What can Moderators do with flagged and hidden posts?
- disagree with the flag and the post will be unhidden.
- agree with flag and the post stays hidden.
- ignore the flags and post stays hidden. Posts hidden for more than 30 days are automatically deleted.
Why would a flag be ignored by a moderator?
- By not immediately actioning flags the author will have time to
- move an off topic post into an existing category or create a new category for the post.
- edit the post so it will reappear rather than have their post deleted.