We've launched Google Pay

Any idea IF or WHEN GPay will be extended to all EU countries?

6 Likes

Works just fine in Luxembourg :slight_smile: I have a 5375 9000 card as well.

1 Like

It’s a matter of when, not if :slight_smile: We don’t have a timeline for it yet.

2 Likes

Well,i added the card to G pay successfully.but It requires me to call the bank to verify it. Probably not working.

Romania , it works, with the underlying card not Supporting GPay . Actually GPay is not available in my country .

1 Like

Same situation as @Ritchepeach, it is asking me to call the the number to verify, instead of a SMS.

@gsioul Can you confirm that after a reset of your phone, for you as a non-UK resident, also GooglePay (next to Samsung pay) does not work for you anymore.
What is your card bin? 5375 9000?

Neither Google Pay, nor Samsung Pay works. My bin is in fact 5375 9000.

Thanks for letting me know. In that case I might refuse my Investor (Red) card, even when it has a 5375 9000 bin. Because there is a chance that I, as a non-UK resident, will not be able to add it to GooglePay.

Thanks from pressing them to resolve this as soon as possible. If it’s not much trouble let us know how they responded and if they offered you an “exception” from the rule…

Same problem here. After using GPAY for more than a month flawlessly here in Bulgaria, today i got an update do android 10 and made a hard reset. Now GPAY can’t add my card for contactless payments. I’ve tried to:

• delete the card and add it again
  • delete the payment profile and create it again
  • add the card from the web
    Nothing helps…

Same problem in Austria. I can add the (blue) card, I can verify it, but it refuses to activate “contactless” - “call your bank”. So, there I am.

And yes, my card is 5375 9000 *

So I’m missing quite the most essential thing I hoped to get when applying for this card. :disappointed:

GPay is not officially launched here in Austria. I was adviced “go with Curve, it will work”. Now it doesn’t and I don’t have a clue why.

It doesn’t because you do not live in the UK.

1 Like

But Curve is. And they are the one who get the bill. It is Curve’s responsibility to charge my account for the balance, but Google is not involved with this anymore. That’s what the “Curve” idea is all about, isn’t it?

I would understand when a local store would refuse to accept GPay when it is not “officially launched”. But I see no point in generally refusing the activation by either Google or Curve.

Could I activate and use this if I travel over to the UK? Probably not. So why does it matter where I lay my head?

And btw. will this feature ceise at all when the UK one day finally finishes brexit as you (or we) are aliens then?

Strange i have the same bin
And i am living in denmark
Google pay works perfect

For me the same in the Netherlands. But check previous posts on this topics, for new customers or after a reset of watch/phone GooglePay does not work anymore if you are not an UK resident.

Mine won’t link too

It’s the same thing that happened with Samsung Pay. They decided out of the blue to block the cards of whoever doesn’t live in the UK. No matter that our cards are the correct bin. Their lame excuse is that we shouldn’t be able to add our cards to Google and Samsung Pay in the first place and it was made possible due to a glitch.

None the less changing your service in a pretty significant way without notifying anyone is terrible especially for a financial institution.

Their only response is that they will add Google and Samsung Pay support for non UK residents in 2020… i only hope enough of us can pressure them in fixing their screw up asap!

1 Like

I’m sure there is a reason why Curve is removing the non UK users from GPay. Maybe Google doesn’t given them permisson yet to enable it for all countries or something else. We just have to wait

1 Like

What we should do is demand a clear explanation. Even if this is the case, which i seriously doubt it, as i stated before having your financial institution taking that kind of liberties with services you use and perhaps chose them for those services is BAD customer care! They didn’t even bother to inform us on said glitch and that they’d disable our cards from using those services!

1 Like