We've launched Curve Cash!

Curve Blue Curve Black Curve Metal
1% instant Curve Cash for 90 days* 1% instant Curve Cash for an unlimited time 1% instant Curve Cash for an unlimited time
3 retailers 3 retailers 6 retailers
UPDATE: The full list of retailers is now available in your app.

TL;DR:

• 90 days for Curve Blue is an introductory offer for new customers
  • Customers who signed up before the 16th of February 2018 will remain on their current program by default and can move to Curve Cash. You cannot go back afterwards.
  • Curve Cash will not be available for the Curve Black Legacy tier
  • All customers who signed up for Curve Black before 28th of January 2019 and are not currently subscribing to Curve Black are on the extended free trial and eligible for the Curve Black Legacy tier.
  • Customers with Curve Black and Curve Metal will be able to choose new retailers after their current 90 days introductory offer is completed
  • When you’ve chosen your retailers, you cannot change them
3 Likes

This is a welcome addition to the Curve premium tiers, and I’m sure to some people this will be valuable. Glad to see it finally launch.

I’m unlikely to use it much personally, as all the retailers on the list that I use regularly accept Amex, and I can get more value from the points. For those without an Amex card, though, I guess this program is a nice addition.

However, this really doesn’t go close to making the current subscription prices worthwhile. If metal was £5/month instead of £15, I’d certainly consider sticking with it. But at the current pricing, I’ll definitely be cancelling my metal subscription when my year is up.

6 Likes

To to clarify: out of the 100+ retailers, there aren’t 6 where you do spend money and can’t use your Amex card with?

In that case, please do let us know which retailers you would like to add in the future.

This is great news, thank you! :slight_smile:

One quick question (I couldn’t find it in the FAQs), can Curve Metal customers change their 6 retailers at a later date, and is this done via the app or via contacting Curve? I ask because if I moved back to London, I’d probably want to swap out one of my selected retailers for TfL.

3 Likes

There certainly aren’t six where I spend regularly that don’t accept Amex, no. I’m sure I can find one or two that I’ll enable, but none of them are places that I spend a lot, so the cashback will be worth a few pennies a month to me.

I find that these days most large chains in the UK accept Amex, so I’m not sure that there’s much you could add. The vast majority of my non-Amex spend is at random independent pubs and restaurants that don’t accept Amex, so unless you’re looking to do a lot of deals with individual businesses, it’s going to be hard to improve coverage.

The one large company I use that doesn’t accept Amex that I can think of is NowTV - if they could be added it would be nice, though that would still only be worth <10p a month.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Finally get some extra discount with Apple and amazon!!;

1 Like

Very happy to hear that @joel :clap: :smiley:

For the time being, you cannot change the retailers. It is something we consider implementing in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the many motivators for updating the rewards programme was to improve things for customers outside of the UK :blush:

2 Likes

Fair enough. As I say, if you don’t have an Amex card, then this program is more valuable (though still not close to justifying the subscription price in my opinion). This was also previously sold as being something to make up for the loss of Amex though - I think on that count it doesn’t help much.

1 Like

That was one of the many reasons :wink:

:+1:t2:

Please consider adding Action to your list of cashback retailers (stores in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Luxembourg and Poland).

I’m on new curve cashback but I can’t even select my retailers the system kept the same six I used under the old curve rewards that was temporary now I can’t even edit the list to remove Waitrose a place I never use and replace it with McDonald’s a place I use regular but the original six are fixed I can’t select any

Seems like there might be an issue with your account. Please reach out to the Customer Support team in-app or via support@imaginecurve.com :slight_smile:

Excuse me if I am being daft, but I just selected my 6 retailers but I saw nowhere near as many as 100+ retailers! I did look in the “all retailers” section instead of UK only. Did I miss something?

You’re not being daft. Reaching out to the product team right away!

Hi All

As a metal card holder who signed up before the 18th February, how do I access this? I cannot see where in the app this has changed…

Thanks in advance…
Nick

Thanks Marie. Unfortunately, since I selected my retailers, I can’t go back to look. Would be a shame if I missed out on any retailers that might have been better. :disappointed_relieved:

Under the “Connect” tab, called “Curve Cash”.

@gears @Curve_Marie Not got that option under the ‘Connect’ tab…

Do you have the latest app-version installed?