Weekend FX applied with Revolut

Was wondering if someone could shed some light on why I was charged a FX for a cash withdrawal in Europe - when using my revolt card through my curve card?

I had the money on my revolut card in € and the card currency in € on my curve app.

Are you sure the weekend mark-up is not just displayed (which still is a bug), but is not applied? This is exactly what happened to me last Saturday. I withdrew 1000 CZK at an ATM with my Revolut card through Curve and I had set my Revolut card to CZK in the Curve app. 1000 CZK was taken from my Revolut account, but the Curve app still showed that a weekend mark-up (€0,57) was applied, but it clearly wasn’t. See screenshots from Curve app and Revolut app below:

Alternatively if a FX mark-up was indeed applied (so not only displayed) another possibility could be that you (by accident) chose for DCC at the ATM. I also was given that option at the ATM in Prague, but chose to withdraw in the local currency and not use the currency conversion the ATM offered me.

2 Likes

Curve seemed to me a good idea for low amount FX transactions, as it does not require topup
(All this all your cards in one/cashback/metal/whatever doesnt appeal to me in the slightest), but after all posts about:

• nontrasparent exchange rates
  • inconsistent exchange rates shown
  • duplicate transactions (only sporadic/restricted to a few cases, but still)
    I no longer think so. With transparent rates (just display a currency converter in the app with the rates used at that moment and applicable margins/fees added) and better implementation this would be a great feature…
1 Like

And you can set the card to the local currency
And after the weekend move it and save the fee

Use 1 revolut card
Set it to local currency
Have 1 virtual card, set it local currency
Use go back in time with curve

2 Likes