Wearable (e.g. ring, wristband)

Now THERE’S a solution looking for a problem, if ever I saw one :flushed:

1 Like

I also suggest reusable coffee cup with build-in NFC Curve card Reusable coffee cup with build-in NFC card

So… how’s the reusable bit of this work out, @pawelnyczaj?

I mean something similar to this Costa Coffee cup with NFC chip https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/12/costa-coffee-launches-first-ever-contactless-payment-reusable-cup/

I see it’s from December 2018

How did it go them ?

Wouldn’t it be great if Curve card was available in a wristband form?

It could be a great low tech substitute for a Google/Apple/Garmin/Fitbit Pay smartwatch for people that do not want, need or are dissatisfied with current offer of battery-powered wearables, or their bank does not support their preferred ecosystem.

I almost always pay with my phone (don’t have a smartwatch) but carry Curve card as a backup. However if Curve was available on my wrist I would use it instead.

2 Likes

Now THIS I could live with. Like the idea of not requiring the user to shell out for a smart phone.

I’ll take one, thanks. :grinning:

You can already vote for that here:

Thanks, @poeliev - moved!

Can the topic be renamed to “Ring/wristband/wearable” please?

1 Like

Tweaked :wink:

1 Like

I would be super keen for this. I have pingit loop on my watch which acts like a prepayment card. If I could get a mini curve card in the sim card size slot in the loop I could have all my cards on my wrist

1 Like

I was wondering if there are any plans to release a NFC payment ring like https://mykring.com/en/ with Curve. It seems like a killer feature to me. Then again it could just be me…

You can vote for it here:

2 Likes

£5 annual fee from year 2
£5 account closure fee
3% on foreign transactions

Hell no!

@Gaoler I’m not suggesting Curve hook up with MyKRing and charge those fees. I was just using the tech as an example…

@poeliev Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Everything looks very well covered above… I’ll search harder next time.

1 Like

a band would be great, as would a neck tag

I love the idea of the Fidesmo Vivokey that acts similarly to Apple Pay in that it combines NFC with biometric/bionic identification, authentication and authorization. I don’t care whether it’s injected or incised. Isn’t it remarkable for a guy who’s so far resisted tattoos and piercings…

it would be a very nice feature if curve would work together with Fidesmo

https://fidesmo.com/

I’m visiting this thread after a long time. I use my Mclear payment ring all the time, moreso now than my curve card. After the initial one-off payment to purchase the ring, there are no futher charges. The only mildly inconvenient downside is having to top-up the ring. Sure one can set automatic top-ups in the apps, but I prefer to switch between cards etc.

The ring work likes a charm. Probably one of my favourite tech purchases. It would be great if Curve could make a similar wearable, I have a watch already so not a wristband (ring, hint hint), that could be linked up to the Curve app and have access to the wallet. That way you don’t have to worry about topping up and can easily switch between cards to use.