Wearable (e.g. ring, wristband)

Indeed. Personally it has to be something that people are already willing to wear - and that’s doing to be a watch, ring or bracelet.

Plastic wristbands are just those things that everyone despises having to wear at events…

1 Like

I love the idea of a band/watch wrap like PingIt (previously bPay)

These bracelets?

3 Likes

1st one looks nice, not fussed on the others. What company does them?

TOVI SORGA UK

I guess they can make custom ones for Curve.

4 Likes

I would love a ring or implant for my curve would make like much more minimal.

Nooooo :scream:

A moment of pain for years of convenience, I don’t know doesn’t sound so bad…

Well, that’s one way of looking at it :flushed:

1 Like

I’m getting a Pingit Loop Pingit Loop which should at least enable me to top up from Curve then use the device for contactless transactions by attaching it to my watch. A bit messy but it’ll have to do. The small payment card is removable from the device and once the card has been dissolved with appropriate solvent the chip could be removed and prepared for implant if you’re really keen.

1 Like

I have both the Kerv ring (mastercard) and Mclear ring (Visa) which are both pre-paid rings. The latter works a lot better than the former. The app is much better compared to the online web interface of the Kerv ring.

People ask what’s the point of it? It is a lot more convenient. I don’t have to take out my wallet, or my phone or need to twist my arm around to touch a watch on the terminal / oyster card reader. I can literally put my fist on the terminal and it’s all done.

It would be great if Curve could create a ring which allows you to add cards as it already does, and use it through the app. That would be amazing!

1 Like

Is there anything (other than the app) that makes McLear better? I have Kerv, but don’t see a reason to replace it with McLear. The one thing I’m missing from Kerv is the ability to obtain the CVV so I can add it to my TfL account - can you do this with McLear?

1 Like

Yes, it has a lot better success rate than the Kerv. I had a lot more failures with the Kerv ring in shops and it doesn’t work on all terminals but the Mclear one works almost every where. I’ve had it fail once and that was because they had a really ancient card reader.

No unfortunately not, that’s the only downside of the Mclear ring they don’t give you access to add it to your TFL account. I asked.

1 Like

Maybe it could be one of those mini wireless cards with an adhesive so it can be adhered behind your non smart (or smart) watch.

I’d prefer something leather and stainless steel with nfc chip combined into curve emblem, i also have a kerv ring it is good, but what i do find cumbersome is having to keep topping it up when all i would like it to do is
link directly to my bank to withdraw any purchase…

1 Like
2 Likes

I see the company that makes the Curve Metal cards also produce wearable devices and fingerprint cards.

https://www.gemalto.com/financial/cards

1 Like

A lot of start ups are producing nfc contactless payment rings with their own apps allowing top up from bank cards, if curve did rings it could virtually eat up the whole nfc payment ring market since it saves the hassle of topping up and already has such a huge crowd of users

2 Likes

Curve ring - the ring that rule your cards :wink:
There is how to DIY but i hope that Curve can make it look better.

2 Likes

This is incredible!