We Have Launched Subscriptions!

subscription

Subscriptions

Shachar, our Founder and CEO, said it well: It’s been an amazing year at Curve and we’re just getting started. Our mission is to simplify money, giving your the financial freedom to enjoy life’s rich experiences. Thank you to everyone who has shared their Feedback and Ideas with us here, via social media and customer support - you truly make us a better company!

In order to deliver on our lofty vision and make Curve a long-lasting proposition, we are moving to a subscription model to deliver a much better value to all of our customers. We have given our premium offerings a complete overhaul with added benefits.

For the travellers: you will be able to take advantage of unlimited fee-free exchange spending with access to the interbank rate. With the Metal card’s LoungeKey (coming soon) you will get lounge access at 950+ airports worldwide.Travel and gadget insurance will for customers in the UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

Amex is back and will be rolled out for the UK market to start. We want to deliver this feature to all our customers and are working hard on how to make it happen.

All current Curve Black cardholders will be given 3 months of our new Curve Black with all of its additional benefits for free, or up to 2 months of Curve Metal for free (available in UK. You’ll pay for the first month, followed by 2 free months - or you can pay £150 for the full year). You don’t need to do anything - it will be done automatically for you. We will let our Curve Black cardholders when their free trial period will expire well in advance so they have plenty of time to make the best decision. If you wish, you can be Grandfathered.

Beta Testers will be able try to the new Curve Black for 6 months for free or 4 months of Metal.

You can find the updated T&C’s here. The breakdown of the 3 tiers is written below and on our webpage. The initial FAQs are up and will be continuously updated: January Launch FAQs

Curve Metal - UK

The most rewarding Curve card.

• Unlimited use of Amex with auto top-up and no top-up fees
  • Buyer protection by Mastercard Elite
  • Unlimited fee-free exchange spending while abroad with access to the interbank rate
  • UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal: Worldwide travel insurance for your and your family with up to £15M medical coverage and many other perks such as car rental CDW insurance and lost luggage insurance
  • UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal: Worldwide gadget insurance for your precious belongings
  • Lounge access at 950+ airports worldwide with LoungeKey
  • Free domestic ATM withdrawals
  • Go Back in Time - move purchases up to £1000 up to 14 days post-purchase

Curve Metal is launching at £14.99 per month. As a current UK Curve Black cardholder you can get up to 2 months of Curve Metal for free. You’ll pay for the first month, followed by 2 free months. Alternatively, you can pay £150 for a year.

Join the Metal UK launch discussion!

New Curve Black

In addition to all the Curve features you know, the new Curve Black comes with:

• UK: Amex fee-free support up to £1000 a month, thereafter paying 65p for every £100 you top-up.
  • Unlimited fee-free exchange when spending abroad with access to the interbank rate
  • UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal: Worldwide travel accident insurance with up to £15M medical coverage and many perks, including luggage delay, delayed departure and personal liability covers.
  • UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal: Gadget insurance with £800 cover per claim
  • Free domestic ATM withdrawals
  • Go Back in Time with Visa and Mastercard- move purchases up to £1000 up to 14 days post-purchase

With these additional benefits, Curve Black is moving to a subscription-based service of £9.99 per month. As a current Curve Black cardholder, we are giving you 3 months of the new Curve Black for free. You’ll also have the option of being Grandfathered.

Curve Blue

All your cards is one, for free.

• UK: Amex support, paying 65p for every £100 you top-up.
  • £500 fee-free exchange when spending abroad with access to the interbank rate
  • Free ATM withdrawals
  • Go Back in Time with Visa and Mastercard - move purchases up to £1000 up to 14 days post-purchase

25.1.19 - Invite to Test Curve
Very Confused App Update
App update and subscriptions
We Have Launched Metal - UK!
Amex Blocks Curve in Anti-Competitive Move
Amex Blocks Curve in Anti-Competitive Move

Are the insurances for metal and black the same? I can only see the black travel insurance terms as I am a German customer.

But the travel cancelation is useless for me because it is limited to 3000€. With a family of 6 this is 500€ per Person. That does not even cover the flight tickets. Not even talking about car and hotel.

Barcleycard offers 10000€ which is more realistic.

If black and metal have the same insurance policies then I’ll keep my grandfather black.

Metal comes with £/€10K of cancellation cover (black and metal have different levels of cover for certain things). You can find the insurance docs here:

split this topic #4

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 25.1.19 - Invite to Test Curve

Then metal is what I need.

Any clear lounge access terms yet?

This made me thinking

Get access to over 1,000 LoungeKey airport lounges worldwide at up to 60% discount. (Coming soon)

And the car rental insurance is only for cars less then 35k€. I need to ask the rental agency that before?

Cover will not apply in respect of the following types of rental vehicle:

• mopeds and motorbikes; limousines, commercial vehicles, trucks, motor homes, and vehicles not licensed for road
    use including but not limited to trailers or caravans;
  • rental vehicles with a retail purchase price exceeding €35,000 (or local currency equivalent);

I’ve not seen any formal announcement from Curve, but HeadForPoints are speculating around £15 per visit, which is about right. I pay £18 for a DragonPass visit so I need to crunch some numbers…

I think subscriptions are a good move for Curve. Congratulations to the team for launching! I do think the subscription packages are the moment are terrible value, and the included insurance is poor, but I’m hopeful that they will improve over time.

Amex is advertised as having unlimited top-ups, t’s & c’s state £10,000 annual limit (is this the basic limit and able to upgrade based on spend, as witht he normal spend limits?)

Alos, is Amex top-up treated as a separate spend cap, or included in the normal £50k/year limit

As it stands, the metal curve offers nothing to me that i don’t already have with my current credit cards or with the legacy blue card i have. Higher spending limits and an improved reward scheme would be the only incentive for anyone to subscribe

split this topic #12

A post was merged into an existing topic: 25.1.19 - Invite to Test Curve

Hi guys,

First post here but I have followed the exciting development here for a while and love the product.

With the new subscription model though we in Scandinavia or the EU get nothing new and your sales will drop massively outside the UK. Most important no Amex support yet. Do you have any news when Amex support is available outside the UK?

Keep up the good work and thank’s for listening.
Regards, Mattias

Hi Mattias,
welcome to the forum. As of right now there is no exact estimate when other countries will follow for AmEx support. The Curve team is doing a good job informing us via the forum right the second a new product / feature is launched, so just check the forum regularly or just always stay on the newest app update, you won’t miss out this way :slight_smile:

You might want to not automate sending out AXA Insurance Policies as soon as someone opens the new app for black customers - my phone updated this morning and i launched curve as normal, hadn’t read the email yet so hadn’t the foggiest what was going on and received an instant email from AXA saying welcome to your new insurance policy!! Maybe a notification in the app asking the user to acknowledge the changes and understand them - ya know, so you don’t scare the cr*p out of people who haven’t yet read the email!!

I agree, a simple popup informing the user for the first time after they installed the newest update would be good. Just a few lines explaining what has changed and referring to January Launch FAQs and We Have Launched Subscriptions!

Plus an option to decline the trial and just stay as is. Some people might not want an insurance policy automatically being signed up to in their name :thinking: pretty sure that isn’t allowed…

And finally - are you going to be automatically grandfathering those that don’t specifically request being moved to New Black? Because as far as I can see, my phone auto-updated to the new app and me opening it meant you took that as me willing to have a new insurance policy and automatically being billed in 3 months time £9.99/month…dodgy practices here guys…

I’m sorry for being somewhat slow in wading through all the masses of posts.

But being from a country where none of the insurance policies, nor amex works at the moment, will I lose out on any offers to try the new cards for a free period when metal and amex are fully functional?

Do I have to take the offers now and get basically nothing?

Cheers!

(I am an old black card owner since a couple of weeks, so not that old…)

Sigh - didn’t realise £9.99x3 = £59.94 :joy:

Who signs off on this stuff?! Lol.

AFAIK once you update your app and start being on the subscription model, your free trial starts, no matter if the insurance is covered in your country or if you can use AmEx or not.

In other words, if you don’t need any of the new features right now, you can wait to update the app and the free trial won’t start until you update the app.
But its possible that at some point the old app version won’t work anymore when more things have changed in the background IT system, so at the very latest you should update your app then :slight_smile:

Thanks for a swift reply.

Unfortunately that is quite a lousy proposition. I can’t even try metal since it’s not available, and I can try a card with no benefits.

The correct thing would be to let us non-uk-non-insurance-country card holders try the new cards for the free period when functionality is full.

Otherwise grandfathering is the only option, really.

Not happy with that if that is the case.

@Curve_Marie, @Curve_Alejandro
Is it true that being from outside the UK with a newly purchased “old” black card, I will miss out on the two month discount on metal when it comes here?

And do I have to try the new black now with limited functionality for the grace period?