We Have Launched Metal - UK!

metal

I’m having no joy in signing up to metal through the app - the small transactions have been placed on my AMEX but when I entered the amount into the app for verification it stated that they didn’t match. Tried it with a number of cards but the same had issue. I deleted and reinstalled the app and now all I get is an “error placing order” when choosing the card.

@garygoodger I had the same issue. If you’re on Android, force stop the app, delete all the storage data (not just cache) and restart. Had to do this on 2 devices but it works.

Hi @garygoodger,

sorry for the inconvenience, we did indeed have some issues around the time that you tried, all should be back to normal now, though.

Are people still having issues? App keeps coming up and saying it can’t upgrade me at the moment (black to red metal)

Hello. The list of benefits looks, on the surface to be quite good, and so competitive for £180 a year, but the problem with me is that I already have an annual travel policy, paid for up until end 2019, a car hire excess policy paid up ditto, and an addition to our home insurance to cover device all risks. Might be able to dump the latter, but I’ll need to check.

So, I’d love to have one, but it may have to wait until my current overlapping insurances are expiring. Shame.

We would love to get feedback from you on What benefits would make the new Curve Black and Curve Metal worth it? Please check it out and let us know.

I don’t understand the bundling support for American Express together with travel insurance. Many, although of course not all, American Express card holders already have travel insurance, typically through the American Express Platinum Card, which is likewise underwritten by AXA, but comes with plenty of other travel benefits other than the insurance. Why would anyone want to pay for travel insurance twice?

I really don’t understand this either, I would guess that many of their tharget audience are already covered on Travel Insurance and many more have it through bank accounts so why have it as part of the package.

Very disappointed by Customer Service so far!

I have updated from Black to Metal and opted in to pay the full amount immediately ie £150.

I have tried to contact Customer Support to refund and get 4 months for free as promised. No one has bothered responding.

Moreover, the subscription has already been paid and started. However, when I go to Top Up my Amex wallet I receive a message that I have exceeded my free monthly limit and I will pay the fee of 0.65% for the top up! I thought that Metal subscription has an unlimited fee-free top up. Any idea why is this happening?

@Curve_Marie

Can you tell me when the Metal Curve Card will be released in Germany?

Current Curve Black cardholders: Subscriptions and Grandfathering

I think a lot of curves customers if not all are connected with amex. To be fair thats how I found out about curve because I was looking for a work around with payment options that don’t support amex. So most of us most likely have travel insurance car hire insurance and gadget protection if not all through amex then accompanied by our bank accounts. I would love to upgrade to the metal card but can’t justify the £15 a month on perks I already have, I think if you had different perks to amex it would be a lot better, maybe include a basic Netflix sub or spotify maybe if the 1% Cashback was ongoing and not just for 90 days

Hi,

As a long time blue card holder I was intrigued by the metal subscription especially the amazon rewards in addition to the metal card, I’ve been reading through the faqs for people who were members prior to 2018 and it seems like the premium retailers arnt included? Can you confirm if you would get access to the rewards for premium retailers being a long time member?

Thanks

You’ll remain on whatever rewards plan you’re on now. If you’ve got the Curve Rewards, you’ll stay on that, If you’ve got Curve Cashback, you’ll stay on that

In my app it says curve rewards so that doesn’t include the premium retailers such as amazon?

No, your retailers are :

• American Golf
  • Argos
  • Arcadia
  • ASK Italian
  • Babies R Us
  • Belgo Bar & Restaurant
  • Bella Italia
  • Boots
  • Burton
  • Café Rouge
  • Caffè Nero
  • Carpetright
  • Clarks
  • Debenhams
  • Dorothy Perkins
  • Ernest Jones
  • Evans
  • Evans Cycles
  • Feelunique
  • Gap Inc.
  • Goldsmiths
  • H.Samuel
  • Halfords
  • House of Fraser
  • Laithwaites Wine
  • Leslie Davis
  • Marriott International Hotels
  • Miss Selfridge
  • Moss Bros.
  • Mothercare
  • National Express
  • New Look
  • Outfit
  • Papa John’s Pizza
  • Pizza Express
  • River Island
  • Spafinder
  • T.G.I. Friday’s
  • The White Company
  • The Works
  • Thorntons
  • Topman
  • Topshop
  • Tune Tribe
  • Virgin Experience
  • Wallis
  • Waterstones
  • Wilko
  • Wyevale Garden Centres
  • Yo! Sushi
  • Zizzi

Actually Metal is not a bad proposition for me, so I’d love to sign up. One thing that annoys me is the lounge access is not finalised, and the outlook “we think about a month” is not great, because:

A) this doesn’t sound like a firm deadline
B) people are paying £14.99/£150 now, but only getting this feature sometime later… yes, it’s not a huge deal missing out on this for 1-2 payments, but it’s like buying a big mac meal at mcdonalds to be told you’ll get the chips next week - you’ll still enjoy the burger and drink, but you got the meal because of everything in it

Done the hoop jumps for app upgrade - only real issue was card images missing and Santander card needing verification (again).

I am currently Legacy Black, yet have an AXA insurance number…? Is this due to the free months on New Black?

You’ve been upgraded to the new Curve black, but you’ll be able to downgrade at the end of your trial :smile:

Thanks!

So, if I get 2 free months trial of Black, can I then upgrade to Metal after that AND get 2 free months of Metal?

Or is the 2 free months of Metal only if we upgrade within a certain timeline?

Its one option or the other, as you’re moving onto the subscription for the first time :):yum: