Virtual and disposable cards support

Use case for a virtual card
Would be online, where you could say allow the next payment, and the card will lock after the next time
Or allow payment for 5 min, to avoid it get locked then google chrome check the card
And the store maybe make a check on the card

After 5 min the card will lock, and allow the payment that was done in that periode
And if the site leak payment info or hacked
You get a notification, your card was used on X blocked
And you will be able to mark it insecure and make a new one
To prevent the situation where your card is overcharged, and you need to work to get it refunded
Or need an entire new card

3 Likes

I agree. We need virtual cards for security reasons. I use Revolut for that and it works great

4 Likes

Any progress with virtual cards? Do you work also on adding disposable virtual cards?

2 Likes

It’s been a year… any update?

1 Like

Yes, we are currently working on it :smiley: Curve Product Update January 2020

3 Likes

Hi, virtual cards support disappeared from February and next months updates.
What is the ETA now?

2 Likes

@Curve_Marie, please can the functionality include an option to create a virtual consumer card where the physical card is a commercial card? There are very rare occasions when a commercial card is surcharged or refused, e.g. Trainline, but most of the time I prefer to use a commercial card because it makes more money for Curve.

3 Likes

We are still working on it, but we don’t have an ETA just yet.

That’s a good point. I’ve asked the team :smiley:

4 Likes

This would be amazing. I use curve a lot on online payments and a virtual card would be a lot safer.

3 Likes

I recall reading about Curve charging 45 British Pounds to replace the physical card in case of replacement. This is often times waived by their awesome customer support service, however, the risk to curve and the user would decrease if users were allowed to generate a card for recurring/one time online purchases instead of using the physical card info.

At the same time, card info could only be available on the app instead of the physical card itself.

1 Like

this would be amazing idea

+1
Disposable virtual card would be superb! Really ”added value” example of feature what Curve should offer.

2 Likes

Yes This is be very useful!

Hi,

Revolut and some banks as well offer ephemeral virtual cards: cards that are virtual only and you can use them when you are not 100% confident that you can trust the merchant and don’t want to enter your main card details. You can throw these cards away anytime without concern.

Are you planning a feature like this at Curve?

You can vote the idea here Virtual and disposable cards support

When Curve issues cards with multiple country BINs, it would be very useful if we could create virtual cards with a BIN in a different country from our country of residence.

Many merchants, including large merchants such as Apple, unlawfully reject cards based on their country of issue (using the BIN) in breach Article 5(1) of Regulation (EU) 2018/302, which states:

A trader shall not, within the range of means of payment accepted by the trader, apply, for reasons related to a customer’s nationality, place of residence or place of establishment, the location of the payment account, the place of establishment of the payment service provider or the place of issue of the payment instrument within the Union, different conditions for a payment transaction, where:

a) the payment transaction is made through an electronic transaction by credit transfer, direct debit or a card-based payment instrument within the same payment brand and category;

b) authentication requirements are fulfilled pursuant to Directive (EU) 2015/2366; and

c) the payment transactions are in a currency that the trader accepts.

Curve could provide a very useful and lawful way to circumvent this unlawful geoblocking.

4 Likes

Well the new Investor metal black cards are numberless, with the number only being in-app. Meaning that number can easily be changed (which is what automaticially happens for Apple Pay cards even from traditional legacy banks).
So it would be an easy next-step to provide virtual / disposable numbers, especially now as they are their own Issuer…

The lines are converging…

This is something I would pay to get a subscription for.

That’s something I want too. It’s more secure and very good. I hope curve will add this feature very soon.

Looks like we may be getting closer:
https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360010465277-Why-are-you-charging-4-99-for-a-physical-Curve-Blue-card-?mobile_site=true

Specifically the 3rd paragraph “As soon as you’ve signed up to Curve and successfully activated your virtual Curve card, you can start spending”

1 Like