Using Curve on Amazon

Did you get any feedback from Amazon on this? I was fine on my Curve Blue card, but my Curve Black declines every time at the £1 “check” stage.

I gave up to be honest.

I have a curve black card, which ive found out was sent instead of the blue card and ive had no problems with amazon.
The bin is 537590.

I use Curve with Amazon all the time. Never had a problem. Maybe it’s a problem with underlying card?

The underlying card works everywhere else, so I think its unlikely, but worth a go I suppose.

I’ll give it a try when I next buy something.

I can confirm amazons working fine on my metal

I think we know it works for some Dann, but for some reason a few don’t!

Think it might be a good idea to add the BINS to our cards on the thread and if they work or not?

What is this? Where can I find it?

BTW, Amazon works for me.

I just tried Amazon and it worked with my curve card for a top up. The BIN is 5375 91.

My original problem was that Amazon refused to accept it to pay for Prime membership.

This post has been flagged ‘by the Community’ as being off-topic. Whilst I am critical at the end of my post about what happened when I attempted to make a purchase on Amazon, the post is all about my experience ‘Using Curve on Amazon’; which just so happens to be the title of the topic. I subsequently raised another post, within this thread, pointing out that an element of the issue about which I was complaining (apparent spontaneous deletion of my two Amex cards from my account) had apparently self-corrected overnight. So, whoever flagged this post, please do explain to me how on earth the critical post can be off-topic, whilst the inextricably linked post, pointing out what had happened had been rectified and therefore moderating my criticism, has been left un-flagged?

In preparation for what I see as an inevitable cancellation of my Metal Card, I have just attempted to empty the residual balances on my 2 Amex Cards (Rewards and Cashback) by topping up my Amazon account. I was careful to ensure the right card was active within the Curve App before so doing. I have been notified that both payments have been attributed to a 3rd card within Curve, which is a Barclay card cashback card. I am unable to GBIT, as both the Amex cards have now disappeared from my account. This really is the final straw Curve.

Even if Amex hadn’t been withdrawn GBIT was not an option with the Amex wallet

This post has been flagged ‘by the Community’ as being off-topic. Whilst I am critical at the end of my post about what happened when I attempted to make a purchase on Amazon, the post is all about my experience ‘Using Curve on Amazon’; which just so happens to be the title of the topic. So, whoever flagged this post, please do explain to me how on earth it can be off-topic.

Thanks for pointing this out. With only 36 hours of experience with using Amex on Curve, I must confess to having little experience of the functionality of the Amex wallet! The point I was making wasn’t so much the inability to GBIT, as to express my profound disappointment that the residual value in the wallet from 2 Amex cards has disappeared in a puff of electronic smoke. (Update: see my next post below) I am pretty sure I read somewhere an assurance that any value placed into the wallet during the brief period Amex worked would be available to be used up. Doubtless it will be pointed out that this is only a temporary blip, etc. etc. but given the current very fragile relationship between Curve and it’s customer base, a well worn cliche involving straws and camels’ backs seems inevitable.

To be fair to Curve, I have just opened the Curve app on my iPhone, and my 2 Amex cards which were nowhere to be seen last night, have mysteriously re-appeared! However, the £3.64 I attempted to spend topping up my Amazon account is still there on the cashback Amex. On the Rewards Amex, £1 of the £10 I attempted to spend has allegedly gone (although not showing in Amazon), with £9 remaining in the wallet. (No activity is showing as either pending or processed on either card in my Amex account online)

As @Dann reported in a ‘Refund from topping up Amex’ post, removing the Amex cards triggers a refund and so perhaps is the only way of emptying the wallet.

Yeah I totally get that. Just wanted to let you know that that part wouldn’t have made a difference.

With regard to emptying the wallet I have successfully bought Amazon topups to empty ours. Amazon does do a test £1 before taking the full amount, which is forgot about, so after it took the test £1 it got declined. I did a small top up with another underlying card just so Amazon had a positive result with the curve card. I then waited a week until the £1 showed back up in my total and then tried the full amount again and it went through fine.

With my OH’s one I did a small top up first with another underlying card then changed cards to the Amex Wallet and topped up the full amount. Everything is now empty. It did take about half an hour or so for all of those transactions to turn up, unlike oreviously where it was almost instantaneous.

I’m not sure about what may have happened when you removed the cards. But just wanted to share for others reading the thread that Amazon works, but in order to get it all off you’ll have to do a small topup with one of the other cards first to get round the test if you’ve never used it before. Even if you’ve used the card successfully on Amazon, it retests for the topups.