Using Curve Metal Abroad?

I’m struggling to get a definitive answer on this…

I’m going to Spain in a couple weeks and curve say that they don’t charge fees for foreign transactions. My question is if I use my Tesco credit card through my curve card abroad will Tesco credit card not charge me any fees because I’m using it through curve? Or am I still liable for fees from Tesco just not from curve?

I’m looking to just use my card out there as I’m only there for a couple days but if I’m going to get charged a percentage for each transaction from Tesco then I would rather change money before i go

Would appreciate a simple answer to this if poss

Hey @phillyburns, welcome to the community!

As long as your in-app currency matches the currency that the underlying card is issued in, you’ll be using your Curve FX limits!

Get in touch with us at support@curve.app if you’d like to confirm what tier you’re on and what your FX limits are, and enjoy Spain! :grin: :beach_umbrella:

Indeed, as long as your in-app currency matches the currency that your Tesco underlying card is issued in, Tesco will not charge you.

But, to be 100% complete, Curve does apply a 0,5% weekend mark up…

https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/214124809-What-foreign-exchange-rates-will-I-pay-?mobile_site=true

“On weekends, which we count as Friday 23:59 - Sunday 23:59, the UK foreign exchange markets are closed. During this time, we take the rate from Friday 23:59 and charge an additional 0.5% for all transactions made in GBP, EUR and USD and 1.5% for all other supported currencies.”

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I was worried I was going to get charged by Tesco but it is in uk currency so all is good. Plus I go to Spain on the Monday :grin: thanks!

Not a problem! Enjoy your holiday :grin:

giphy%20(19)

1 Like