Apologies. No both transactions were/are wrong.
Aviva Plus charges your card monthly for your insurance rather than you having a direct debit (on a rolling monthly contract).
Our “payment date” is the 1st of the month. So… Sometime after midnight on 1st July (Wednesday/yesterday). The card was charged twice. Once for our home insurance and again for our car insurance.
The transactions went through. No issues there.
However, when I looked at the app at approx. 8am in the morning the 1st transaction was showing 8:34 and the second 9:42 both “in the future” with the 2nd being even further into the future.
I noticed because I believe the date/time showing in the mini-timeline (via the ‘wallet’ tab) is new. If not, I’ve never noticed them before.
- Tapping the transactions and looking at the date/time at the top of the details view shows the same (wrong) date/time.
- These were the 1st transactions since the work over the weekend.
- My curve app is v2.19.1 on Android. It updated yesterday at sometime, so it might have been the previous version at 8am yesterday.
- My device is a Sony Xperia X Compact.
- A transaction completed today has the correct date/time. Transactions completed before the weekend (appear, as best as I can tell) to also have the correct date/time.
I don’t know ‘when’ the transactions should have happened, as they’re automated on the Aviva end. Sometime after midnight.
By checking with the bank, do you mean the underlying card provider? At the moment it’s taking approx. 3 days for transactions made with my Curve card to appear on the underlying cards (since the weekend). I’ll update further once I can see them.