Topping up Revolut using Curve

So I added my Curve card to Revolut. Upon trying to add funds to my account, I was presented with a warning about the to up being made in Euros and there may be a fee.

Has anyone tried this before and give an insight into the warning and whether it is not a good idea due to potential fees?

I’m based in the UK btw and all my transactions are in GBP. Other than it being a MasterCard I can’t think of any reason why the Euro warning showed.

Assuming you are topping up in EUR using an EUR denominated underlying card, that does not charge a fee because of the top up MCC that is used by Revolut, then you will not be charged a fee.
The reason Revolut is giving you the warning is because you are topping up in EUR, but Revolut recognises (the BIN of) the Curve card as a UK one, so Revolut expects you to top up in GBP.

EDIT…you have added extra information on your OP. Are you sure you are not trying to top a EUR account in Revolut? That would explain the warning, given my explanation above.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yep, missed it the first time. I never selected EUR nor do I want to top using Euro, I would like to top using GBP.

If I select GBP will there be no fee?

If you are topping up in GBP using an GBP denominated underlying card, that does not charge a cash advance fee because of the top up MCC that is used by Revolut, then you will not be charged a fee.

1 Like

Thanks very much, really helpful!

1 Like