Some Ideas

So, i’ve been using Curve a Few days and those are some ideas that i find useful

• Change Pin in the app;
  • Be able to see the currency Conversion;
  • Give some random account upgrade by inviting people/friends to Curve;
  • Allow to split the account by several cards;
  • Support more cards like Visa electron;

My 2 cents for now :sweat_smile:

Hi

Can you explain this a bit further?

Hi Graham,
As there is the option to go back in time (which is something differentiating) There could be the possibility to split an account paid for two cards in the app.

For example, a purchase of € 100 … Having the ability to spend € 40 on a revolut card and € 60 on a debit of my traditional bank added in the app

1 Like

Ah, OK so split the transaction? Yep would definitely love to see that feature.

EDIT: Think @dann may have got there first though lol - Curve Split! :wink:

4 Likes

Aha yes!

This is indeed a brilliant idea…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Tat’s fair :grin::grin::rofl:

Indeed what i think is a must have in the app (fast) is:
In addition to being able to change the PIN in the app, it should be possible to block only online payments, or withdrawals. As well as deactivating the magnetic stripe.

These small options make all the difference in travel

Also that is already asked for:

2 Likes

Okay … I’m going to make a spiritual retreat to think of something that has not yet been thought :joy:

3 Likes

To make it easier for you - here’s a lot of the existing ideas, sorted by number of votes…

https://community.curve.app/c/ideas/l/votes

:wink:

2 Likes

Visa Electron? Ahhhh no. There is a slight delay on normal transactions using Curve but to then add the delay that Visa Electron has on top of that? Nah no just no.

*Hardly any banks issue Visa Electron anyway so it’s a lot of effort (which could be better spent elsewhere) for minimal usage.

I know of none in the UK anyway. Maybe for the under 18s but that’s about it.

1 Like

Come to Portugal and Spain an you will see the market size of Electron :slight_smile: But not only these two …

“lot of effort” is relative … “Curve - All your cards in one”

Sure, relative to the amount of people using them and let’s face it it’s a really small subset of the market. Even worse is that Curve have bigger and better things to concentrate on at this present moment in time. (Amex)

I am not saying that shouldn’t (well that’s a lie I am really.) Maybe when they’ve fixed their more pressing issues they might come back to this idea.

It’s all my cards in one as I don’t have Visa Electron. I remember them as in the UK the banks used to give them to people with low credit ratings and or under 18s with no credit ratings. (It’s illegal for under 18s to have a overdraft as any debt they get into is unenforceable and so unrecoverable.)

*Visa Electron cards actively checks you have the money in your account before the transaction takes place adding a delay to the transaction.

1 Like

Curve already supports Visa Electron. Have a few of them added myself.

As for overdrafts, the card being a Visa Electron has nothing to do with your ability to have an overdraft or your creditworthiness.

As for Portuguese banks issuing them, in Portugal its Multibanco that will be used most of the time so the Visa Electron part of the card is mostly only for Internet purchases and travel abroad, both of those situations where banks may want offline purchases disabled.

1 Like

They are currently supported. Is there any specific card you’re having trouble adding?

1 Like

Patrice58:
It’s all my cards in one as I don’t have Visa Electron

Well … that’s the same than me saying: It’s all my cards, Amex don’t emit any more cards in Portugal and the black card that my bank gave me to replace amex give me almost the same beneffits :joy:
I understand what you are sayng but … again … Curve - All your cards in one. Resuming it to UK is not a good choice (i think), especially when in here (Portugal) whe have 120000 Revolut users (an example) and where curve can come and grab them easly.

megamaster
They are currently supported. Is there any specific card you’re having trouble adding?

I don’t actually have any visa electron but … Some friends of mine have it and they cannot add them to curve (from Caixa Geral de Depositos, Millenium BCP and CTT) Then some of them have pre paid Visa electron (i think is from the meals at work)… they cannot add them too.
They have a solution for this … Generating a virtual card with other aplication (MBWay) then add it to Curve … but that’s not pratical…
When asking in the support chat it was told me that curve don’t support Visa electron.

1 Like

That won’t work. MBWAY cards are single merchant. Curve gets used with multiple merchants so transactions will be refused. I’m not sure who told you it used MBWAY cards with Curve, its simply not possible

CGD and BCP don’t currently issue Visa Electron, CTT has never issued Visa Electron and ActivoBank Visa Electron cards work fine with Curve, so again I’m not sure where you’re getting that info…

Guess the agent you spoke to didn’t have the best training :woman_facepalming:

Even the in app custom image Curve made for the ActivoBank debit card spells out “Visa Electron”

1 Like

magamaster
Generating a virtual card with other aplication (MBWay) then add it to Curve … but that’s not pratical…

Ok … The MBWay part i cannot confirm if it can made transactions … what i can say is that my friend was able to add the firtual card generated on MBWay to curve.

magamaster
CGD and BCP don’t currently issue Visa Electron, CTT has never issued Visa Electron and ActivoBank Visa Electron cards work fine with Curve, so again I’m not sure where you’re getting that info…

I have a Visa Electron of CGD in my hand right now :joy: the wite one with Fernando Pessoa a lot of people have this one. Millenium have the Free Travel f.ex. CTT have them too :slight_smile:

And… While i was writing this message i was able to add the electron of CGD … I don’t know if the verification will be successfully done or not but it was acepted :slight_smile:

magamaster
Guess the agent you spoke to didn’t have the best training

So … i suppose you’re right … The support plus a friend that coudn’t add a prepaid visa electron leaded me to the conclusion that: curve didn’t support it …:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

That far you can go, but you won’t be able to make any purchase through that mbway card

As I said, they’re not currently issuing them. I didn’t say they cancelled all existing cards. The Fernando Pessoa cards currently being issued are Maestro

That one you’re correct. It’s the only Visa Electron BCP issues

I can assure you CTT has never issued a Visa Electron card

As for the support, unfortunately most companies, not just Curve or even not just in finance have some very poorly trained staff. If I have a genuine doubt I’ll always ask at least 3 times to try to make sure and even then sometimes you get three different answers

1 Like

megamaster
That far you can go, but you won’t be able to make any purchase through that mbway card

Ok … That’s fair

megamaster
As I said, they’re not currently issuing them. I didn’t they they cancelled all existing cards. The Fernando Pessoa cards currently being issued are Maestro

Ok… my mother still have her visa electron … and CGD didn’t said anything to her about changing it … Anyway in their website i still see three Electron cards … Fernando Pessoa have maestro and electron

megamaster
That one you’re correct. It’s the only Visa Electron BCP issues

They have another one i think :wink:

megamaster
I can assure you CTT has never issued a Visa Electron card

No, they don’t have… you are right sir. :rofl: my bad (CTT has a temporary card, i don’t know how it works, and i was thinking it was electron) maybe I’m confusing with the BIC card that are the cards my girlfriend uses…
Anyway i still see a lot of people with electron.

At the end of it all i’ve removed the part of visa electron from my inicial post :sweat_smile: thanks for the help megamaster Abraço.

1 Like

Na boa, mas com essa de andares a descobrir cartões do BCP de que ninguém ouviu falar é que me lixas :wink:. O da caixa estar no site é provavelmente porque alguns clientes ainda têm que não expiraram. Eu tinha um Electron e o de substituição já veio maestro. Quando perguntei disseram que agora são todos maestro

1 Like