Samsung Pay

Hi !

I checked the roadmap and it says the curve team is working on Apple and Google pay support.

However, yesterday I’ve recived an email from curve saying what they acomplished this year and what’s comming and it says Last but not least - Integration with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay

This sky rocketed my hype with my curve card since samsung pay is my main paying source (because I love to use my smartwatch to pay).

Is the samsung pay integration 100% confirmed? will it take longer than google/apple pay?

Thanks

We are currently working on Samsung pay, which has now been added to the Product Roadmap :smiley:

There’s not a release date for Apple, Google, and Samsung pay yet, so it’s hard to say which will be finished first.

Thank you Marie,

I appreciate your answer :smiley:

What is the advantage of using Samsung Pay over Google Pay?

I find it faster than Google Pay.
It has a reward system per purchase (nothing awesome but I get some cinema tickets for free)
I can use my smartwatch with it

Also on North American devices it supports MST (magstripe emulation), so it can be used on almost any terminal (it works on chip terminals as well as the magstripe data sent out tells the terminal the card doesn’t have a chip). Even most of my UK cards work on my Canadian note 8 using the MST (even though it’s not officially supported).

MST seems a bit antiquated in an age of EMV? It’s a clever workaround for legacy stores though.