Reusable coffee cup with build-in NFC card

It would be great if I could have a reusable coffee cup with build-in NFC Curve card. Please look at this solution launch by Barclays and Costa Coffee or Pingit reusable coffee cup (NFC card issued by Barclays)

Sorry i dont quite understand this

You can use google pay in your watch, phone
Soon apple pay
Or have the card in your phone case

Why would you need a cup with a card?

I mean something similar to this Costa Coffee cup with NFC chip https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/12/costa-coffee-launches-first-ever-contactless-payment-reusable-cup/. This could be one of the Curve card as wearable gadget designed for eco and user friendly coffee to go

I’d go with a contactless reward/loyalty card in the coffee cup…

‘Thank you for bringing your reusable cup, let me tap it so you can claim your 10% off. Oh I can also see you only need 1 more coffee for your free one!’

But for payments? Don’t feel comfortable having the thing I leave on desks, potentially forget and leave somewhere as some form of payment device.

1 Like

Seems a bit of a gimmick and a bit of a waste of resources when there are far more useful things the team can be working on.

1 Like

@pawelnyczaj
You’ve raised this proposition elsewhere Ring/wearable So I’ll close this thread to keep things on track.

1 Like