Refund times?

I was overcharged at a merchant which I used my curve card at Morrison’s. I was charged £8.00 for a item when it was discounted to £4.00 the Customer Service Adviser in store asked me to place my Curve Card and input the pin number and to take it out and issued a refund of £4.00 which I knew would leave me enough to not get a overlimit fee, a couple of days later (4) my Credit Card statement was generated.

I was refunded £4.00 because of this and now my Credit Card has gone over it’s Credit Limit by £2.00 which no doubt will make me occur in extra charges which shouldn’t of been applied. And the refund is still no-where to be seen.

Hey Liam, sorry to hear this! Have you had a chance to contact customer support at support@curve.app? They’ll be able to check where your refund is. :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a chance we haven’t received it yet, it can take up to 5 working days for the money to reach us from the merchant :sweat_smile:

As far as I understand the store employee did not decrease the charge from 8 GBP to 4GBP (partial refund) but actually processes a “credit” of 4GBP on your card.
While visa/mastercard/merchants are very quick to charge cards from cards, actual credits can take up to 10 business days!
Thats why you’re seeing this now, its not Curve’s fault, its the store who should have told you that the credit of 4GBP can take up to 10 business days til it receives your credit card account.

1 Like