Re-adding cards or adding cards with the same 16 digits

any way to add a card with the same 16 digits?

if you try to add a card that has previously been added or try to add a replacement card that has the same 16 digits, it will not let you

If you try to add the ‘same’ underlying card to a different Curve account then this is not possible.
If you try to add the ‘same’ underlying card to the same Curve account, then this should be possible after removal of the previous one.

in this case, joint account, added wrong card so deleted it, added the right card to my account, but then when I tried to add the card to the other account, it failed.

being a joint account, if I had known, I would have just added the other card to the other account

or just both cards to my account…

when I tried to add the removed card to the other account, it failed, like the system recognised that it has previously been added to an account

Yes it does. So that’s why you were not able to add it to the other account.

then what about when replacement cards that are sent out with the same 16 digits? with only updated dates and cvv?

I know from own experience, that also then it is not possible to add it to a different Curve account, if the same 16 digits have been previously added to your own Curve account.

a flaw in the system/app?

some banks send out replacement cards for expired cards with the same 16 digits, with only updated dates and cvv, in which case you would then not be able to add it?

or at least let the user/customer contact support to remove said card from the system

You will be able to add a new/replacement card (with same 16 digits as the previous one) to your own Curve account (after you have removed the old one).

You will not be able to add it to another/different Curve account (if it previously has been added to your own Curve account). Support can not help you with this. If you report this, they say they know about the issue, they are working on a fix, but will not give you a timeline.

I can not add said card to my account or the other account, completely rejects it, when adding the number, the number stays white, name turns blue as does the security code, expiry date and address.

basically, that card is now useless with regards to Curve

If both cards ‘refer’ to the same bank account, I wonder why you would even want to add card 2 to your own Curve account, if you already have added card 1.

Anyway…

Not sure why you can not re-add card 2 to your own Curve account.

no, the cards have a different number, but when adding, not paying attention, added the other card

I have since added the card with my name to my Curve account, but the other card can not be added to either account

the only thing I can think of now is to tell said card company that card is lost and hope they send a new card with different number

Or just ask for a card with a different number?

about to pop them a msg

but still, should be an option to allow the account holder add a card with the same number onto account

when a bank/credit card is about to expire, they automatically send out a replacement

currently if you get sent a replacement card with the same 16 digits, but only a different expiry date and cvv, you are stuffed.

Nope. You should be able to add a replacement card (with the same 16 digits) to your own Curve account (after removal of the old one). :point_down:t2:

nope, the 16 digits stays white and the app rejects it

the deleted card can not be re-added to my account or hers

I’ve just reordered a replacement card online, sounds like different 16 digits, but we shall see, we will just have to use/share the 1 card for now

I’d say test it, but knowing that it will not let you re-add it, best not to

the only thing I can think of is time?

maybe the system needs 24 hrs or whatever to update?

You mean remove a current underlying card from my own account and try to re-add it to my own account? I don’t need to test this, because I have done so successfully very recently.
And I know of posts in this community of users that have done so too (with an actual replacement card).
Sometimes even support, when trying to solve certain issues, asks you to remove a card from your own account and to re-add it to your own account.

As I said, this (should) work(s).

Why it doesn’t work for you (at the moment) I don’t know.

I was trying to add the the same card, all the details the same, but rejects the 16 digits, as a test, I changed the last digit and it turned blue, as in it will let me add it, obviously I didn’t :slight_smile:

I have the blue account, could that be it? a newish account? Account only opened beginning of this month.