Portuguese cards that can't be added as underlying cards

I am opening this topic but i am not shure if this will help me in anything in the next 6 or 12 months by what i’ve been seeing in here (don’t judge me please)…

Although that … I have a list of cards that are very popular, and have a lot of use here in Portugal.
So, i have many people who I’ve referred to Curve (and not only) asking me about not being able to add them to Curve.
Please check the following BIN’s and give me the information of what’s wrong with them or, please, send them to the team to be whitelisted if possible :slight_smile:

Caixa geral de depósitos - BIN 406170 + BIN 670812 + BIN 529536
BPI - BIN 454703 + BIN 415405
BBVA - BIN 413749
Santander - BIN 429343
Activobank - BIN 454496 + BIN 433391
Novo banco - BIN 375589
Montepio - BIN 479238

Some feedback about this Will be apreciated…
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

BIN 433391 from ActivoBank I’ve been asking for since March (!) and the reply is always that it was added to the waitlist, it will take a few weeks. It’s October now!

BIN 670812 from CGD if I’m not mistaken is usually used for Maestro cards, which are not supported

1 Like

I second this. I have been trying to verify my Santander Card and it is not working. Already contacted support!

1 Like

@Curve_Marie
Can you say something about this?

Just put in the request to add the BINs onto our system :smile:

1 Like

BNI - BIN 40825700 not working either.

1 Like

Hi,
Is ActivoBank working on Curve app? Tried to add the card but i cant verify it…

Same problem here. Has someone been able to add a visa electron card from ActivoBank to curve?

I have both debit and credit ActivoBank cards in Curve. It’s the boost and other “prepaid” cards that can’t be added

@mracfa why can’t you verify it? If it’s the verification code not showing up, you have to wait up to a week for it to show on your homebanking as, unfortunately, ActivoBank doesn’t show pending transactions

Forgot to leave feedback. So, i had some limitation on my card, Internet and internacional payments were not allowed. After this limitation was removed i was able to add the card.
The same thing happened with Crédito Agrícola cards.

1 Like

I also have my ActivoBank cards (debit and credit) added to Curve

I am able to add the card but afterwards it is not possible to verify the card…

Hey @Nuno11 You may find your solution in @mracfa post about this.

If that’s not the case, please email our team at support@curve.app and they can provide some more guidance.

Certainly not the same situation as ActivoBank doesnt have any of those options. The only thing I can think of is 3ds not being active

From experience (I have an Abanca card which I can’t verify) Curve support will just say “bank replied with do not honour, talk with the bank” and the bank will say they’re not blocking or doing anything on their side. No real solution

I have the same issue with Mt debit card ‘Caixa Geral de Depósitos - BIN 406170’. I was able to add it but can’t verify. I already activated 3D Secure and I’m able to make online purchases with it, but every time I try to activate on Curve, says try again later.

By using MBNet?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. MB Net works, it generates cards with BIN 418836. Is a nice workaround but I want to add my physical card to Curve instead of having to generate a virtual out :confused:

I was asking if you usually use MBNet cards for online purchases because most CGD debit cards won’t work for online purchases if you use the physical card. You can add MBNet cards to Curve and verify them, but then won’t be able to actually buy anything through Curve as the card gets locked to the “merchant” Curve during the verification process

I’m able to make online purchases with my previous mention CGD debit card. But in order to so, you must activate 3D-Secure first. Otherwise you have to rely on MB Way cards generated from the debit card, option which I barely use.

For now i haven’t tried to make a purchase with on my recently added MB Way card over Curve, I need some to days to test it, when I do so, I’ll post in the thread :slight_smile:
But I got your point @megamaster, MB Way only provides single merchant cards.
Anyway, I sent an email to the support team and they said that have made a manually charge on my card so that within 5 working days I get the verification code. Let’s see! Fingers crossed

1 Like