Please sort out the way you deal with refunds, I love Curve and used it for everything but now I have stopped using it

I first bought this as a backup card when travelling, I could magically turn the card into any account I have whilst travelling if I lost any of my main travel cards, awesome backup feature, for example I once had a fraud case with a credit card while travelling, so my credit card had to be cancelled, I was spending all my money through my credit but if I had a Curve card I would not have needed to pay £50 to Fed Ex myself the new credit card from UK to Vietnam, I could have just used Curve to input my new digits from a relative in the UK, onto my Curve card, job done.

Recently I began using Curve for EVERY purchase online, I liked the idea of having just one card out there, in the online stratosphere, then, if I ever have any issues with fraud, I have only one card I need to cancel not multiple different cards.

If I am buying something online, if it’s a business purchase i just open the curve app, flick over to my business card and make the purchase, with my curve card, if it’s a bill to pay i flick over to my bank account for paying bills, if it’s groceries online from asda, i will flick over to my personal bank account. you get the idea.

anyway.

i will no longer be using Curve online, just as a backup when travelling.

my experience with returns is concerning and stressful.

for example.

i will buy some items from amazon, let’s say, 2 t shirts and a pair of trainers, total cost of £120, i choose the t shirt that fits, and then later on i return the item that doesn’t fit. so i return 1 t shirt. amazon send me a refund of £30 for the returned t shirt.

Multuple times now when I have waited over 7-10 days which is the amazon refund time, and i have not received a refund from curve, i then contact curve, and then curve say hello and ask me which card they should make the return to. THIS IS VERY CONCERNING. Why is it Curve are only processing this refunds 10 days or so after the event only when I am messaging them, what would happen if I didn’t message them, it’s concerning and stressful I feel like I need to keep track of all the refunds happening, I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and maybe 1-2 returns a week happening and i feel i am always having to check and chase Curve regarding these refunds.

Another problem regarding refunds is that if i buy some items on Amazon let’s say for £120, and I return 1 item, say, the t shirt, for £30, Curve do not know to which card on my curve card this was processed due to it being a different amount than the original purchase.

On one transaction, they just processed it to a different card on my Curve card, a business card instead of my personal card, which then mixes up my taxes having random refund transactions appearing on my bsuiness account.

all in all it’s a big mess with refunds and not worth the hassle for me anymore.

a very simple solution would be to just have an in app notification saying ‘hey we have a refund to process but we don’t know which card to put it on’ every time this happens. rather than either putting it on a random card that curve chose at random or not processing it at all until i contact them, these two current ways that are happening for me are not good at all!!

just thought i’d give you my view on it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Refunded transactions details