Paypal and curve

According PayPal my card come with an US bin… Not even an UK bin… That why I blame Curve, and they don’t really explain why.

have you checked your card number with one of the BIN checkers available? I would be quite surprise if your card is actually using an US BIN.

You can use this, for example, https://binlist.net/

Thats exactly the problem:
{“number”:{},“scheme”:“mastercard”,“type”:“debit”,“brand”:“Standard Immediate Debit”,“country”:{“numeric”:“840”,“alpha2”:“US”,“name”:“United States of America”,“emoji”:“:us:”,“currency”:“USD”,“latitude”:38,“longitude”:-97},“bank”:{“name”:“LANSING AUTOMAKERS F.C.U.”,“url”:“www.lafcu.com”,“phone”:"(517) 669-2111"}}

The card says its an american card in US Corrency,

If that’s the case then yes, Curve should provide you a solution (probably the only possible one is a new card with a new -right- number)

did you mail them at support@imaginecurve.com ?

PayPal either doesn’t know, want, or isn’t able to do this. I made the request today to NOT use the PayPal conversion, but they simply told me that ‘the system can’t do that’.

I had to ask many many many times before the miracle happen. And i can definitely confirm that is possible and that work when it’s done.

Here is the original conversation :

"Bonjour Geoffrey,

Votre demande est bien prise en considération.

J’ai essayé de vous contacter par téléphone aujourd’hui à 10H00 à votre numéro se terminant par XX57, mais j’ai pas pu vous joindre.

Je viens d’effectuer toutes les manipulations nécessaires à votre place afin de modifier la devise associé à votre carte bancaire se terminant par XXXXXXXXX78, de la devise GBP vers la devise EUR.

J’espère étais suffisamment claire est efficace pour vous.

Je reste à votre entière disposition pour toute information supplémentaire ou toute autre demande.

Cordialement,
Ebtihel
Service clientèle
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal. Tous droits réservés.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Siège social : 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 12:59:35 PM (+01:00)
Subject: Gestion de mes Préférences et de mes transactions

undefined
Votre prénom : Geoffrey
Votre nom : ¨¨¨¨
Votre adresse email : geoffrey@*****.eu
Numéro de téléphone : 04*******7
Référence : Carte Mastercard ***8
Merci d’indiquer le motif de votre réclamation et ce que vous attendez de PayPal pour résoudre ce problème : : Bonjour, Je vous contact simplement pour la raison suivante, cela fait des mois que je vous demande d’adapter la devise de ma carte MasterCard Elite ***8 en EUR. Vous m’avez toujours répondu que c’était impossible (je sais pertinemment que c’est faisable, c’est sur votre site de support US et FR). Aujourd’hui j’ai fait la même demande pour ma compagne et en deux emails c’était réglé. Voici un extrait de la réponse que j’ai reçu et que je souhaites appliquer à mon compte : “Vous pouvez également définir la devise de votre carte bancaire auprès de PayPal afin qu’elle corresponde à la devise étrangère que vous utilisez. L’émetteur de votre carte effectuera alors la conversion de devise en utilisant son taux. Dans ce cas, l’émetteur de votre carte vous informera du taux de transaction uniquement une fois le paiement effectué (sur le relevé de carte). Pour mettre à jour la devise utilisée sur votre carte de crédit, répondez à cet email en indiquant les informations suivantes : Les deux derniers chiffres de la carte bancaire concernée : ***8
La devise que vous souhaitez utiliser pour votre carte bancaire : EUR” Donc je répète : Les deux derniers chiffres de la carte bancaire concernée : ***8
La devise que vous souhaitez utiliser pour votre carte bancaire : EUR Merci à vous,
Geoffrey
Date du jour : 08/06/2020"

1 Like

Thank you, or merci!
I’m contacting PayPal again :slight_smile:

-edit- After contacting them again, they really (really really) can’t or won’t change the settings. It seems they have disabled the option this year, probably because offering a default costs them a lot of profit. The only ‘solution’ PayPal now offers is to change it with every payment (which is still possible, but not very user-friendly). More about this can be found here.

It’s still on their support site : https://www.paypal.com/gf/smarthelp/article/can-i-have-my-card-charged-in-a-different-currency-faq3579

I used “formal complaint” to contact them and finaly resolve this. Maybe something to try on your side. Trust me, they can, but they don’t want to.

1 Like

Hey guys, just want to jump in here real quick. Our team are aware of everything that has been mentioned above and are investigating how to improve the situation with PayPal at the moment. In the meantime I’d recommend following @Joelabete or @Lucas advice and try contact Paypal or disable DCC in your settings if possible.

3 Likes

Dear Lucas, how did you do this. I cannot find this in the settings menus - and I tried hard to do so!
Are you operating PayPal in English or German?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Ralf

After researching a bit more I found out that PayPal in fact removed the setting to disable DCC for all transactions.

1 Like

Becouse of their greedy tactics I dont use paypal anymore for purchases if currency exchange is involved.

1 Like

Under
Automatic payments
You can disable the paypal currency exchange
But only after it has being added, and only for automatic payment
So before buying something, first add the paypal account, then go in an disable it

I avoid using PayPal as much as possible because of their sly tactics. I hate how they are constantly changing/moving/removing the option to disable DCC to make it hard/impossible to avoid their excessive currency conversion fees.

2 Likes

So its possible its still there for other languages. When I disabled DCC for all my cards the setting was not there for the English version but was still there in German.
PayPal is really funny in these things. They have different web layout version for different accounts, so strange, not streamlined

2 Likes

I have to disable the currency exchange for each automatic payment
And each payment has to be added first, and changed before payment

There are no settings to change all cards
Or before te payment in the payment process

Yes, unfortunately I can confirm that… :pleading_face: Didn’t know that too… :exploding_head:

Maybe paypal knows that germans with their “Ordnung” will kick their ass if they mess around and remove useful feature. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: