No SMS verification

Hi.

I tried to setup Samsung Pay but couldn’t because I didn’t receive the text to verify my card. I then noticed when I used the Curve app and made changed to my details like a phone number or email it sends a text to verify the changes. Again no SMS. My phone is working, I am getting texts from a number of places so I know its not my phone. Is anyone else getting this?

Also how do we get support? I raised a ticket via the app, I sent a tweet and nothing. I really liked the Service and used it a lot but I am close to ditching Curve because this lack of customer support is worrying.

Many thanks in advance
Jon

Hello Jon, welcome to the community!

Sounds like you’re having some strange bugs with Samsung Pay, and the curve app! I’ve successfully been able to change my mobile number in the past by contacting support, as you’ve said you’ve done.

They will get back to you within 24/48 hours, and I’m sure they’ll fix it for you!

Exactly the same situation but with Garmin Pay. Support asked for my number then ghosted.

Not a great look :roll_eyes:

Did you get this working? Ive tried to add it to my garmin pay and cant get a it to send me a text for the verification code.

I’ve got this problem too… Garmin Connect app now saying ‘no available verification methods on file’ after repeated attempts to get an SMS sent.

No SMS in response to trying to change mobile number either from within the Curve app.

Disappointed , as there could well be an urgent need to login (to change a card for example), and this might be needed to do so.

Haven’t contacted support yet, as no doubt they’ll say “it’s only been 3 hours”… seriously… who waits more than a few mins for a text to arrive!

So I had this problem, solved it now but one of two things caused the issue:

1. For some reason curve stopped sending verification codes to my number, or
  2. Curve didn’t like that I only put 7********* rather than 07********* in my number. (I did this because it had the +44 prefix in the app, it worked to verify my number but not to register it on Google / Garmin pay)

I tried changing my number to put the 0 in front but it didn’t work, probably because that was perceived as the same number.

Solution was to change my number in the app to my girlfriend’s number (with the 0 in front), she got the text fine, then I cancelled and changed it to my number with the 0 in front. Now registered on Garmin and Google fine.

So either that allowed me to change my number, or that never mattered and sending a verification to a new number kick started it in to working again. Be interesting to see if you guys put your number in without the 0 too.

Oh one more thing to mention, you’ll probably have to take the card off Garmin Pay and re-add it after changing your number, I got the ‘no available verification methods’ message too until I did.

1 Like

Brilliant thanks FTheK. This worked for me when trying to get Google Pay to send me an SMS. I had to use another number as you did then change back to my number with a 0 in front. The Curve app removes the 0 when you go back to it anyway but it seemed to make the texts work again. In Google Pay it hides your mobile number e.g. #########999 and i noticed i had 7 # before i added the 0 and now there are 8.

How can I do this when I have access to only one number? Can support send the verification sms themselves as I do not have access to another number. And I will not get a pay as you go just for this which is curves fault. Trying to add Samsung pay or Google pay and never get the sms.

Thank you very much, it worked also for me.

Hey @Schnuupi, welcome to the community!

Any family member/friend who could help to avoid you having to get another SIM? Otherwise get in touch with support, they’ll be happy to help!

Apple Pay adds through the app and no need to get a text :slightly_smiling_face: don’t know why there is problems. I have curve card on Apple Pay on two devices the second device had to be deleted and re-added to the device as it said card issuer suspended use of card when curve hasn’t i added again it worked fine