I’ve been using the shiny blue metal card for a bit over 6 months (I believe I was one of the first customers who got one), during this time I’ve used LoungeKey once and earned about 40£ in cashback. Yesterday I’ve downgraded to Curve Blue, because I’ve lost my faith in the project.
Back in May 2019 I’ve created a topic where I’ve asked Curve, basically, to be more open and honest. In the response, now Curve publishes monthly-updates, but hey, what exactly they’ve done in the last 6 months? Let’s dive in…
- Lounge Key was released few days before first monthly update, but let’s count it in as well
- Curve Cash was finally released, hooray! But you have to choose wisely, because there is still no way to change the merchants list…
- Redesigned “profile” in the app
- Participation in Beta is now open
- Improved onboarding process
- Beta-version of Peer-to-Peer payments with Curve Cash
Seems like that’s it. I saw 2 useful things for me: LoungeKey, CashBack… and maybe insurance. The LoungeKey pricing was suddenly increased few days back. Now more interesting part, let’s take a look on the TOP10 of Ideas section of this community, the list which the real customers are interested in and would like it to be implemented:
- Apple/Google/X-pay, technically it’s not in the Ideas list, but we’re still waiting for it for infinite amount of time
- Fingerprint Card, 136 votes
- 3DS or some alternative, 65 votes. Users can’t use the card for online payments anywhere they like, what could be more important for Pete’s sake?!
- Sticky Transactions (Recurring Payments) & Smart Transactions/Rules, 64 votes
- BLACK color metal card, 59 votes
- Make Curve FX free limit visible in-app, 41 votes
- Change card PIN using Curve app, 41 votes
- Switch cards using Today View widget or Force Touch - iOS, 39 votes
- Feature for a Joint Curve account, 38 votes
- Curve Split!, 37 votes
- Support for Multi-Currency Cards, 37 votes
There are a lot of interesting ideas, which could make customers happier and bring more money for the project. And yet instead we have quite a controversial rebranding. Or, again, the team working on “virtual card” which is not actually a virtual card, but just a “digital copy of your card”. Soo… I don’t see any progress with features which are useful for me, or any of my friends, hence no reasons for me be naive and pay 15£ each month hoping that on someday it’ll worth it.
P.S. I have an interesting quote about the roadmap, which we used to have: