More Metal Benefits?

Is there any talk of more features being added to Metal? I love my metal subscription, but it would be great if it had just a couple more benefits? Maybe more curve cash retailers?

I think we need to move to 1% on all/ some select retailers

The current system is clunky (not being able to change retailers etc)

1 Like

We are all ears for how to improve the Metal offering, that goes for Blue and Black as well. Please do post one idea per topic so it’s easy for people show what’s the most important to them by voting :smile:

3 Likes

I think that people love exclusivity, and there should be a higher level than metal, for people that can afford/are willing to pay more money for some more benefit.
I would call it METAL VIP (but I let your marketing working on it) and it should have one single color that stands out from the crowd whilst saying: “I’m different”
In order to have that card people should:

• pay 20£/month
  • use Curve METAL VIP for a minimum of three years, like a mobile phone contract, like a subscription… which is perfect in the long term plan because you know that the minute people subscribe on this plan, you have them for 3 years, no matter what

In exchange, a CURVE METAL VIP would have:

• A metal card that makes people “Show off”
  • 10 choices to make in order to claim the 1% Cashback
  • 2 choices to make in order to receive a 2% Cashback
    (bare in mind that Apple Card will be soon released in the UK and they offer 2% if you pay with Apple Pay and 1% if you pay with the card on ANY purchase)
  • a metal card holder with your awesome logo engraved
  • a dedicated section in the app or (even better) a dedicated app

Basically the idea is you have a loyal user at least for 3 years, guaranteed by the initial conditions to apply and in exchange you offer Special conditions that applies only to this plan

Don’t hesitate to contact me as I will be Happy to give more details about this idea if like it

1 Like

Just join the Visa programm https://www.visaconcierge.eu/ (Platinum or Infinity)
or the Mastercard World Elite https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

1 Like

3 years!?!?! I hate the way how mobile companies have introduced 3 year contracts to get around the rules forcing them to put you on a cheaper sim only tarriff after your term expires. I will NEVER get a phone under that contact.

I’m going to assume that you’re not based in the UK as 3 year mobile phone contracts are illegal here.

What Curve need to do is improve the existing Black and Metal offerings so that they are better vfm - not introducing yet another tier.

A UK Apple Card won’t have such generous cash-back due to the EU imposed interchange caps. In America, there are several cards which are actually much more generous than Apple.

1 Like

It’s just an example to clarify my idea

I do live in the UK and that was just an example to clarity my opinion. I personally like what Curve is doing with the tiers and I would love to see an extra one… of course you may disagree, it’s called freedom of speech, but in my personal opinion, I’d love to see an extra tier and I would be willing to pay for that

Yeah I understand, idea’s are always welcome, its just 3 years could put a lot of folk off. It would be better to do an escalating discount after 12 months for example, say charge £20 but after 12 months it drops £2.5 and 12 months after it goes down another £2.50

1 Like

Link your two cards together and get double cashback on some stuff!

1 Like

Old article, I work in a phone shop and most people are taking out 3 year contracts to lower the cost of their phone. I do agree though, wouldn’t take a 36 month contract out myself for a mobile and certainly not for a card - circumstances can change a lot in that time and technologies develop

3 Likes

My only bug bearer with my Curve Black is the % and the amount of retailers I can claim from (3). for £9.99 a month, it would be more beneficial for a higher % back each time or more to allow from (6 would be best) … most retailers (and the ones I have selected) that are available I wouldn’t spend £100’s in to get a decent return.

1 Like

I think a concierge service would be a nice item for metal card holders

1 Like