More information about the merchant in the transaction details

Not sure if we are allowed to name other companies here, so please edit my post if we are not, but Revolut shows for the transaction details the location of the merchant as city + google map image.
So then you really know exactly which gas station your card was used, which store you went to etc.
MasterCard supports that data so it shouldn’t be a problem to also show that under transaction details.

City and Country in the Transaction Details

Agreed. Monzo offers the same level of detail (address/logo/map) - however, when the transaction goes via Curve, this information is lost (as the underlying card isn’t provided with the original merchant id etc).

An example:
Monzo via Curve at Subway:

• Merchant name: Subway
  • Logo: Subway
  • No map
  • Address: Online transaction
  • Description: CRV*SUBWAY London GBR

same transaction within Curve:

• ‘Subway’
  • No other details

Monzo directly at same Subway branch:

• Merchant name: Subway
  • Logo: Subway
  • Accurate map
  • Address: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8BW
  • Description: SUBWAY DERBYSHIREUNI GBR

Yep, it would be great to make this data more visible - really like how Monzo handles this.

The map feature sounds great. However, this could also be confusing for online and recurring transactions, e.g. some Amazon order - because it would store the location of your phone at the moment the transaction was processed.

Also, when your phone is off, this specific feature wouldn’t work.

Monzo’s isn’t done through your phone, it gets the info from the retailer you made the transaction. Many amazon orders come up with Luxembourg as that’s where many payments for amazon are technically processed.

A little odd sometimes, but I prefer this approach as it doesn’t rely on your phone in any way.

I would like to see the city and country of a transaction within the transaction details the way it is stated within the email receipt. For example “Veikals Alko Market RIGA LVA” and not just “Veikals Alko Market”.