Metal Users - Will you be renewing?

Hi Marie,

So there’s little point to me updating my card. I’ll be downgrading to blue in the next 20 or so days.

Posting a picture of my card anyway as folks have asked to see the wear and tear after 12 months of light use and being kept in the Curve TUMI wallet.

Few scrapes, doesn’t seem terrible but looks ugly…

Hmm something seems amiss…

Woah, the entire card is de-laminating from the lower right corner!

Essentially I have to baby the card through any chip and pin transaction now or ATM use.

Interesting poll. So essentially out of the 52 metal holders.

22 people will be Renewing
21 people will be downgrading.
9 people will be cancelling completely

Now there is the issue of the vocal minority (e.g. folk who check the forums are those with problems so will naturally tend to negative outcomes) but losing 58% of their metal membership from a single poll, that’s a non-favourable review of their Metal product.

With 42% renewing, 41% downgrading and 17% cancelling :point_down:t2:, how can these be the absolute numbers? :thinking:

52 voters?

I know how percentages work, but for example 42% of 52 is not 9. So what I meant is that the categories/numbers were mixed up.

Correct, 42% of 52 is not 9.

I had the two categories switched around and worked out the final percentage based upon that. Not as damning as I first thought was being indicated but it’s not favourable.

@jph
Heres the pictures of the wear and tear you asked for a few days ago

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just noticed the corners on my red metal card are starting to lift as well (Bad glue?), it’s been kept in the Tumi wallet and admittedly I’m a rather heavy user. Nowhere near as many scuffs as yours but I’d still expect the card to be in much better condition given they have a three year validity on them…

In terms of renewing I may but I’ll also be looking into Amex more