Mastercard country BIN

Hi,

Can someone help me. Last week i order a new Curve Blue Mastercard. I am wondering what country BIN my Mastercard will be? My local BIN (shipping adress country) or UK because Curve is british company…

Everyone can check their BIN on binlist.net

Thanx

0 Likes

Generally these free BIN sites are pretty inaccurate, I’m afraid.

1 Like

I have tryed more than 20 cards on that site (credit, debit, prepaid) and all informations was 100% correct, specially when we are talking about country. If someone knows better site for BIN checking - share it here! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

My understanding was that there wasn’t a better one that was free but quite a few erroneous countries have been reported previously from folk using the online checkers.

0 Likes

It depends, which country is your shipping address in?

0 Likes

@Curve_Marie Its Slovenia :slight_smile:

0 Likes

You’ll have a UK BIN :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a definite list of countries and BINs? Are there plans to create one?

0 Likes

The Operation Team does have a list. The challenge with publishing as definitive information it is that the list evolves. Think that challenge extends beyond Curve as many bin list aren’t always 100% up to date. Customer Support can check the BIN number for you.

Would this be useful information to have on your Curve app? What do you use the BIN information for?

0 Likes

For me, it’s not an urgent matter, yet I’m curious about how it works as sometimes the card readers and ATMs offer me an option to DCC with euros, but other times it’s GBP, it seems almost random. My BIN is 537590.

0 Likes

PayPal, iTunes, AppStore, Spotify … and so on. All this service depends on your credit card country BIN.

0 Likes

My BIN is british and I am German. living in Germany

1 Like

Your country BIN is Germany @Pawel. The card is issued with GBP, however, the card is set settings in the app is for Euro. That is why you’re sometimes given the option for DCC at the ATM.

0 Likes

Yes, would be insanely helpful!
You could even put it on the regular Curve webpage, put a recaptcha on it so people don’t scrape the information.
But this would generate some real traffic since there is not a single updated BIN list online that can be accessed for free.
This way you would have people from all around the world looking up BIN numbers on the Curve webpage which leads to direct Curve traffic and possible new customers

0 Likes

It’d be helpful in the app, yep.

In the meantime, you can check it in binlist.net as mentioned before, it’s free for a limited number of queries per minute (there’s some cost if you go beyond such limit)…

My Curve is shown there as :es: Spanish debit in :euro: €. That seems correct to me as I’m Spanish. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My thinking was having your BIN and information under the card section on the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be really great!

0 Likes

I’ll let the Product Team know about the suggestion :slight_smile: It would be great to see this in the #ideas category to see how many would be interested in having the information available in the app.

1 Like

Curve card BIN in app

bincodes.com seems to be more accurate than binlist.net

Apologies for the earlier mispost.

0 Likes

There is a spelling mistake in the first link you mention…now it links to a certain kind of site :scream::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

0 Likes