Lydia support not working anymore

Hello,
A month ago I was able to add Lydia cards on Curve which is very convenient as Lydia physical cards are 1€/month.

I wanted to add other Lydia cards (with same BIN 5469 23) and I’m getting the error “Prepaid and gift cards cannot be added to Curve, please use a different card”.

@diego_curve Is this a bug or you have changed the conditions ?

Thank you

William

Maybe since Lydia was mentioned here. :wink:

1 Like

The bug was reported before my post :slight_smile:
I got this message from the support
"Thanks for your message. We’ve forwarded this matter to our Engineering Team who’ll be investigating it further. Just to manage your expectations, we don’t have a timeframe to resolve this issue at the moment. Once we’ve fixed this, we’ll let you know.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience."

This is not clear… Is there an issue with Lydia?
@diego_curve is it possible to have more details?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,

Previously I could add Lydia cards in Curve, suddenly Curve stopped supporting Lydia’s cards when I would like to add new ones I get the messages “prepaid and gift cards cannot be added in Curve… Etc”

I have contacted the support team who answered me “Thanks for your message. We’ve forwarded this matter to our Engineering Team who’ll be investigating it further. Just to manage your expectations, we don’t have a timeframe to resolve this issue at the moment. Once we’ve fixed this, we’ll let you know.”

The BIN has never changed : 5469 23.

Thanks guys if you can help me

I had a look at it seems like we do support this BIN. I am checking with our team to find out if this is a bug or not and will come back with an update shortly :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Curve_Aleca,
Have you received a confirmation about the Lydia bug?
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me @Will :blush: I have checked with our team and been informed that at the moment customers are not able to add any more Lydia cards to the app. Can you please confirm if the other Lydia card you have on your account still works?

I have asked the team to fix this and allow Lydia cards to be added to Curve again but I am still waiting for an update from them. Will chase them for an answer again tomorrow :raised_hands:

Thank you Aleca for the investigations :wink:
Yes I confirm, Lydia cards previously added in the app are still working I had used it this noon for lunch.

1 Like

@Will Can you try to add another Lydia card to your account now? Please let me know if it works or not :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is working again, I was able to add multiple Lydia cards.
Thank you Aleca for your help! (and thanks to the team)

1 Like

Hello @Curve_Aleca,
Did not work for me.
Slightly different situation : virtual card with same bin number 5469 23 but issuer is Yeeld - another French new fintech.
Initially,I had the same problem than Will (prepaid card thing) but it now goes through but I have a pop up (white letters on red): "issuer refused exception - this card cannot be added at this time. Please check… (I don’t know what to check as it is out of the pop up window )
Can you help again ?
Thanks

Oops.
My fault. Did go through after unlocking.
Sorry for the question.

1 Like

Nice support :grin:

2 Likes