It’s been an amazing year at Curve and we’re just getting started

As 2018 comes to a close, here at Curve, we’ve been spending time reflecting on this year’s challenges and achievements. It has been an incredible year of growth for us, both in terms of our customer base and our team. We couldn’t have done this without you. Your feedback. Your advocacy. Your love. Thanks to you, we have been able to build a pioneering product on our journey to free your money. With this in mind, I would like to take the opportunity to reflect back on some of those achievements and share what we have planned for 2019.

2018 - We had a fantastic year, together

Highlights from the past twelve months include:

• Launching Curve out of Beta
  • Releasing Curve Cashback
  • Introducing Insights - stay on top of your spend
  • Minimalist Curve Card design and higher acceptance
  • Making all your cards fee-free when spending abroad
  • Introducing new technology for transaction processing
  • Over 300,000 customers signing up
  • Bringing Amex back
  • Launching the Curve Community

2019 - We still have many cards up our sleeves :slightly_smiling_face:

These are the things which are keeping us at Curve awake at night and smiling through the day:

• Curve goes full metal jacket
  • Adding more benefits to Curve Black
  • Curve Send P2P and Curve Cast
  • Curve Credit
  • Swipe to cancel subscriptions
  • Connecting your money further
  • Last but not least - Integration with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay

It’s going to be an exciting year ahead and we can’t wait to continue our journey with you. Thank you for supporting us, for talking about us and referring us and for your valuable feedback. We truly couldn’t have reached where we have without you and we look forward to building even stronger relationships with you and the rest of our smart, visionary customers.

One more thing! We are growing fast - so if you’re looking for an exciting career move with a tangible and direct impact on people’s lives, check out our Job Board and let us know if you find something for which you think you could be a fit. Even if you can’t find any suitable roles in our current open positions, we’re hungry for talent with the right attitude - drop us a note at careers(at)curve.app, and we will try to find ways of leveraging your talent at Curve.

Happy holidays from all of us at Team Curve!

10 Likes

Exciting year ahead, very interested in a lot of these features assuming they’re at a good price! Excited to see how this year goes!

1 Like

While you’re at it - what about Garmin Pay?

1 Like

Been apart of Curve since beta and I love it!!! Keep up the smashing work team!! Gimme that full metal jacket :drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

nice to have some more updates…curious as to why this post misses out some of the details provided in the email I just received from Curve?

with the metal cards coming will there be a cost for people who paid for the black card to get this?

2 Likes

These developments are fantastic, really excited for the metal card but how much will it cost?!

For those still on the beta card or existing customers will there be a discount for upgrading?

Great work guys!

1 Like

What about customer service? I think there are things Curve could do to improve, e.g. in-app live chat

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

2018 was the beginning of my adventure with Curve. I joined around the time when the new card design appeared. I remember having to wait a little bit longer for my card :smiley: It was totally worth it, though! I really enjoy fee-free spending and the control Insights give me over my finances. I’m looking forward to finding even more use cases for my Curve card in the future.

As for now, I cannot think of many ways in which I might want to use Curve Black, and I also must admit that spending 50 pounds is quite a big expense for me right now. Yet, I’m thrilled to hear about all the new perks you’re working on. I’m especially intrigued by the P2P and Cast functions, which may become really useful if you use Curve with friends. I’m somewhat afraid that they will become too complicated for the majority of people to use, so please be considerate while working on that project.

Curve Credit also seems interesting. I hope your machine learning techniques will give an access to your product also to people who don’t have well-established credit history (like myself). I’m wondering about the sense of crediting pre-authorised transactions (as in ones that were already paid for by some underlying card). Wouldn’t it make more sense if you could ask for credit first, and pay to activate it second? As credit card users go, the APRs on credit cards in Europe aren’t high as well, so people might decide to simply go over grace period instead of separately applying at Curve if your offer won’t be much cheaper.

Swipe to cancel is just awesome, especially with some subscription service providers who make it really hard to cancel (not to name names but The New York Times). I also assume Open Banking to be a great breakthrough for you, as the ultimate goal of Curve is to become one place for all the finances.

Apple Pay (and alternatives) obviously seem very cool, especially given Curve’s nature (it would automatically work with all underlying cards), but again, I don’t want to get my hopes up as I understand it can be a really complicated process on Apple’s side.

Thanks for everything you do for us!
P.

2 Likes

Please share your ideas here if you can’t find it on the Curve's Product Roadmap :slight_smile:

@tomdjbaptist

You will receive more information on this. What I can share now is that we will offer a free option where you can add all your cards into one.

I bet you are not the only one who thinks that’s a great idea. Share your idea to make it possible for other members to show their interest.

So 3 ‘tiers’:

Blue: free with basic functionality
Black: with some benefits for the one time fee
Metal: the whole lot, subscription based

Is this correct?

2 Likes

As I previously wrote:

1 Like

I’m not sure what this means!
Are you saying there will still be a free tier?
I very much hope so…

Congratulations on a great 2018.
How about enhanced limits for payments for 2019 as well?

2 Likes

Yes, there will still be a free tier :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a limit to how long the post can be. You can find the blogpost here:

1 Like

BTW not totally fee free. Extra charge made at the weekend.

Can you share a date yet as to when the metal cards and extra benefits will be released? I’m heading to Australia mid Feb would be fab to have the metal card plan with travel insurance, medical and potentially lounge access.

Are we likely to see anything before mid Feb?

We don’t have an exact date yet, but will share it as soon as we do :slight_smile: