iPhone raffle

If you missed it (I also received a mail on this):

New subscriber counts not meeting expectations then…

Damn, seems like I have to create a Twitter! I truly hate that platform.

Referral program offering an iPhone XS Max, but their own gadget insurance only covers up to £800 and the phone is worth £1099. So you can’t even be fully covered for the phone you win from Curve using Curve’s own Gadget Insurance.

Great job Curve! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s okay as soon as you open the box it’ll be worth £300 :+1:

You didn’t get the mail?

Nope, didn’t get a mail.

In fairness, the relevant value for the insurance cover is the market value - which reduces dramatically as soon as you start using it.

In my experience with similar policies, it’s actually more likely that the stated maximum value actually just applies to the cost of repair. You’d be very hard pushed to accidentally damage an iPhone XS Max enough to cost £800 in repairs.

Eh, iPhones typically hold their value pretty well. You definitely don’t knock a fifth off of the price with a little usage.

It’s £450 alone to replace the glass on the back iirc or front of the screen (also iirc), so I don’t see how it’s so hard to rack up £900 in repairs

Well then you need to decide whether the insurance is worth it for you. It isn’t worth it to me. I still have Apple Care Plus for my iPhone.

It’s pretty difficult to damage the screen on an iPhone X in normal use…or the rear glass if you’re vaguely careful!

The draw will take place and the winner of the draw will be announced on the 21st of June on the Curve Blog or Curve’s social media channels.

@Curve_Marie was the winner announced anywhere?

Yes, you can find the winners in the article below :smiley:

1 Like