How does Cashback work?

cashback

New Curve customers (who have signed up after Friday, 16th of February 2018) will receive a 90 days introductory offer of 1% instant cashback from a list of over 50 retailers. The 90 days starts when you sign up with Curve.

• Curve Blue cardholders can choose up to 3 retailers to earn 1% cashback with.
  • Curve Black or Curve Metal cardholders can choose up to to 6 retailers to earn 1% cashback at, from an expanded list of retailers.

One point is equivalent to one pence (GBP) - so 100 points = £1.00. You can see your balance in either Curve Rewards points or GBP - just tap the balance on your Curve Rewards card to switch between the two.

When spending at your preferred retailers, you’ll get instantly receive cashback points onto your Curve Rewards card. Once you’ve accumulated points, you can use them to make purchases anywhere where you’d normally use your Curve card, with the exception of ATMs.

If you make a purchase at a selected Curve Rewards merchant, and later receive a refund for that purchase, the points you’ve earned from that purchase will be deducted from your Rewards balance.

Retailers

Rewards points can be earned from transactions made at the following retailers mentioned below.

Food & Drink: Starbucks, Caffe Nero, Pret a Manger, EAT, Nando’s, Itsu, Pizza Express, Deliveroo, Just Eat, Honest Burger, Byron, Leon, Wahaca, and Foodora.

Groceries: Waitrose, Sainsburys, Tesco, Planet Organic, Aldi, Lidl, and REWE Markt.

Shopping: John Lewis, House of Fraser, IKEA, Zara, ASOS, Topshop / Topman, H&M, GAP, The White Company, Boots, Media Markt TV-HiFi-El, and Saturn Electro

Travel: GETT, TFL, Trainline, Virgin Train, BP, Shell, Booking.com, DB Bahn, MVG Automaten, and BVG.

Lifestyle: Netflix, Spotify, Cowshed, Electric Cinema, and Tate Museum.

Curve Black cardholders also have the option to choose:

Food & Drinks: Dishoom.

Groceries: Ocado, Marks & Spencer, and Whole Foods.

Shopping: Selfridges, Amazon, and Apple.

Travel: Uber, EasyJet, and Four Seasons Hotel.

Lifestyle: Everyman.

Restrictions

Curve (Free) cardholders can redeem up to £300 worth of rewards points over the 90 day introductory offer.

Curve Black (£50) cardholders can redeem up to £600 worth of rewards points over the 90 day introductory offer. The limit is achievable, subject to an increase in your yearly spending limit to at Curve’s discretion, and/or the use of additional promotional Curve Boosts.

Step-by-Step: Set up and using Curve Cashback

Go to the ‘Connect’ tab.

1. Tap on ‘Curve Cashback’.
  2. Tap ‘Get Started’.
  3. If you are a Curve Standard cardholder select up to 3 retailers. If you are a Curve Premium cardholder select up to 6 retailers.
  4. Once the retailers have been selected click ‘Next’.
  5. When you are ready, tap on ‘Confirm’.
  6. Spend at your chosen retailer.
  7. Select your ‘Rewards’ card.
  8. Pay with your Curve card to spend Rewards points earned.

Customers who signed up before the 16th of February are on the Rewards programme.

0 Likes

How does Rewards work?
When are you able to change retailers
Curve Blue Specs
Curve Metal Specs
Curve Black Specs
Curve Black Specs
Curve Metal Specs

I was legacy black card user I just expired from cashback beginning of jan 2019 but before the end of jan my cashback has restarted and I’ve been collecting cashback ever since and to say it’s expired will stay expired and you want get cash back is completely wrong I have metal I have 3 months from upgrading so end of April nearly they will expire unless the new rewards come out that keeps it on going prob make them better and cashback will be available from the six retailers but what else I don’t know yet but as they say it’s coming

0 Likes

January Launch FAQs

Hello @wbrowngala,

Customer Support can look into your personal cashback programme and give you insight to how many points you have, and when your program expires.

In general, when you upgrade, you can choose whether you would like to remain on your current programme or restart the 90 days with the retailers of your choosing.

If you signed up before 16th of February, please see: How does Rewards work?

0 Likes

Hi, will you please confirm if all retailers (where apply) are included globally or only in UK.

It’s a relevant point for non UK customers.

Thnx

0 Likes

Hi @g_glnx,
With Cashback you can earn points with your chosen retailers globally, not just in the UK.

1 Like

The apple store does not allow me to register the curve for payments because is from UK… so the cash back it is indeed some how limited.

0 Likes

Good to know, but it’s not a limit imposed by Curve.

0 Likes

Is there a plan to extend the Cashback program or is it gone for good when you´ve hit 90 days?

0 Likes

We are considering extending it. You can find more info here: Potential Metal/Black new feature: an improved Curve Cashback

1 Like

Hello @Curve_Marie . Can I ask, does the “go back in time” function work when you have paid for a purchase using up rewards , but then you want to move this to a credit card?

0 Likes

Transactions that have been made on your Curve Rewards cannot be moved to another card using Go Back in Time. Vice versa, you are unable to move transactions to your Curve Rewards card using Go Back in Time.

You can read more about the type of transactions that can be moved using Go Back in Time here: https://community.curve.app/t/how-does-go-back-in-time-work/4803

1 Like