Higher limits

limits

I knew about it from Starling, Revolut, etc but thought it was only a fintech thing. Had no idea legacy banks had those limits, especially as in the UK card payments are very popular. Here in Portugal Multibanco payments or just regular bank transfers are usually used for bigger transactions like mortgages, etc

Some existing banks are pretty dreadful. Just made a payment using Lloyds Amex - received an SMS OTP to complete transaction, so far so good. Order confirmation received OK. Then receive text from Lloyds saying they’re about to text me about activity on my card. A min or so later another text asking me to confirm recent transaction - I reply with Yes and they say ‘thanks, you can now attempt the transaction again in 10 mins’ - except the retailer thinks it’s gone through and my online Lloyds account shows available credit has reduced by expected amount! All pretty poorly implemented for something that should be core business for them! [plus one day on - still showing as using limit but no pending transaction]

Well, my day to day spend does not make me eligible for a limits upgrade apparently, so goodbye Curve.
I don’t think I have the patience to wait for my limit to return trickle by trickle.

Curve just hasn’t lived up to its core claim of simplifying my financial life.

I’d be very unhappy if I was on a paid subscription!