FX limits not visible in-app

Curve (free) customers: Up to a spend of £500 per month - no currency conversion fees will be charged. From £501 and above (cumulative) a month, you will be charged an additional 2% as currency conversion fees.

Thanks for getting in touch.

These limits are not available to view in the app at the moment, this is something we are working on, however, to manage expectations we do not have a current timeline.

If there’s anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

My bank charge 1% exchange rate, weekday or weekend
Curve also add weekend markup

That was a surprise

My main bank charges 3% always for fx :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Revolut change 0% on most currency on a weekday
And show your limit in the app

Curve dont show the currency limit
So it a surprise then the exchange rate are off

Solution are to change the currency on the card

Hey!

We do recommend setting the currency of your Curve card to what your bank account is normally set to as this allows Curve to convert the currency for you at a rate that is usually more favourable than your bank’s exchange rate.

Changing your card’s currency to the local currency is beneficial when you have a multi-FX card or a card with no conversion fees.

Sorry i am just little in a bad mood

The problem are
You have a limit
Okay
But if you are not using GBP
You have to convert it for a estimate

And you have no idea how far you are from it
Or then you reach it

There are so many limit to look for

Spending limit
Daily, monthly, yearly
ATM, daily, monthly
And the currency limit

2 Likes

Quite agree. And the “Curve Card Limits” as shown in the app are very confusing (=deceiving?). I already fell into the trap and paid fees that I could have avoided. Now I don’t pay with my Curve card as often as used to.

And why not show the currency exchange limit?

This need to be cut down

Monthly limit in local currency
ATM limit

That’s it

Like the college at Revolut
All limit are even on the frontpage

• Spend in over 150 currencies at the interbank exchange rate
  • Exchange in 30 fiat currencies up to £5,000 per month without any hidden fees
  • No fee ATM withdrawals up to £200 per month

Eu zone - malta website

• Spend in over 150 currencies at the interbank exchange rate
  • Exchange in 30 fiat currencies up to €6,000 per month without any hidden fees
  • No fee ATM withdrawals up to €200 per month

And revolut don’t have limit in spending in local currency

Just an example
And all spending are in the app too
In local currency for each country

Sorry, where is the fee? :thinking:

I used the Curve card and did not pay the rate change fee.

Curve (free) customers: Up to a spend of £500 per month - no currency conversion fees will be charged. From £501 and above (cumulative) a month, you will be charged an additional 2% as currency conversion fees.

Curve Black customers: Unlimited free currency conversion (subject to fair use of £15,000 a year, beyond which we may charge 2% of the amount of the transaction as currency conversion fees).

On weekends, which we count as Friday 23:59 - Sunday 23:59, the UK foreign exchange markets are closed. During this time, we take the rate from Friday 23:59 and charge an additional 0.5% for all transactions made in GBP, EUR and USD and 1.5% for all other supported currencies.

For more information, please see our Terms at www.imaginecurve.com/terms.

So, in addition to curve fees, you have to pay a percentage to the bank too, did i get it right?!

You did not get that right. If you let Curve deal with currency exchange then you get only charged Curve fx fees, and your underlaying card is billed in default currency (bank dont see any foreign currency).

Correct

Then reach curve currency limit, you pay 2% in fees to curve
My bank charge 1% for european currency, weekend or not
Revolut charge 0 on week day
Give you an option to exchange before weekend to avoid weekend mwarkup

Revolut

What foreign exchange rate will I get?

The interbank exchange rate is the dynamic rate at which banks swap currencies between one another. It is a real-time rate, which is why it is constantly changing in our app and website. We receive these rates from third parties, such as Morningstar and Currencycloud.

If you exchange currencies on weekdays (Mon-Fri UTC) you will receive the interbank exchange rate without any markup on all currencies except for Thai Baht and Ukrainian Hryvnia where there’s a 1% markup, with a small 0.5% fee for anything above £5,000 each month .

On the weekend (Sat-Sun London time) the provided rates are fixed to protect against fluctuations, this means there are markups of:

• +0.5% to all major currencies (ie. USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD, NZD, CHF, JPY, ISK, SEK, HKD, NOK, SGD, DKK, PLN, and CZK); and
  • +1% to all other currencies including THB and UAH. (this means over the weekend THB and UAH have a 2% markup.)

A Lot higher currency exchange than curve
And paying without convert, it don’t count
Like exchange money in 1 month
Or pay in your local currency
Or a friend send your money, and your pay with that

Solution for curve
Give the option to mark the card as currency card
And let your card provider deal with the exchange

And still have the ability from curve
Go back in time
Multi card in the curve app

1 Like

Yes, maybe. But Curve have to make money also somehow.

You can already select currency to avoid it

This would simply be a more easy way to do it

Get a Starling card and add to Curve. Best for foreign exchange

Is not even on the fair usage page
You expect the user to search around?
To look for something they don’t know exist

I hadn’t spotted that charge until now. As I use the Curve card free a lot for hotels overseas I think this might have reduced the attractiveness of Curve for me. I’ll have to see whether the Curve Black fee is going to be offset by savings - if not then it’s farewell Curve.

You can change the currency in the app
To the local currency

To benefit with all in 1 card