Feedback on LoungeKey with Curve

Glad to hear it has never happened to you! :smiley:

Eager to hear from customers who have used their LoungeKey with their Curve Metal card - have you decided to not try the LoungeKey because you feared that you would not get access? Has it ever happened?

Mainly I didn’t want to walk somewhere to look like an idiot if they reject me

People have posted about it on Revolut forums, not Curve but they both use LoungeKey.

Let’s see what other community members have to say, especially the ones with LoungeKey via Curve :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, the primary difference between LoungeKey implementations (Curve/Revolut/[insert bank here] is the usually number of entries and the cost of bringing additional guests (and factoring the cost of the card). In PriorityPass, there is also a similar tiered system.

The contracted lounges will depend on the airport and location, with bigger hubs having more choice lounges if one is full.

But that aside, these lounges are never comparable to dedicated Airline lounges like Concorde/Business, SilverKris that are offered by the alliance partners (OneWorled/StarAlliance) etc… However, there is a big omission on the information available as the average consumer will not be aware of the difference - usually capacity, hot food offerings, shower facilities, rest areas etc. which can often lack.

Take for example when transiting in Hong Kong - There are 3 Plaza premium lounges under LoungeKey and during busy periods, the queue is usually out the door. Showers will have a 60-90 min wait time. You will also be sharing the lounge with PriorityPass members, and with banks who literally give away the same level of access to anyone who bank locally with a credit card.

Entry priority is usually as follows for contracted lounges - If you travel a premium cabin on a airline carrier that they do not operate a hub from due to the departure airport (e.g. ex Manchester to Asian hubs like HKG, SIN), then you will always get access to the lounge, and some even have a dedicated area that is separate from the main lounge area. Then, those with same day departure entry vouchers (there are multiple reasons for this). This is usually followed by dedicated PriorityPass holders (i.e. those who pay for the Lounge benefit directly). Usually at the bottom are bank issued/payment card provider holders and flexible entry vouchers i.e. anyone with a platinum credit card or Revolut, N26 etc… All this to the exact same lounge.

I’m not suggesting it is a bad offering, it is not as big a deal to be considered a great perk.

All for that

No offense but you said in another thread that you wanted constructive criticism

LoungeKey is the same regardless of whatever provider offers it, it is a program. Why does it matter what packaged account it’s with? I am providing constructive criticism of LoungeKey.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify :smiley: Do you think the LoungeKey offer would be improved if it was possible to prebook access to the lounges?

The main concern you bring forward is not being granted access based on other people’s experience with Revolut’s LoungeKey offer. It’s very understandable that you do not wish to be in that situation, however, we haven’t seen that happening to any Curve Community Members.

We will certainly bring forward any feedback that our customers have with their LoungeKey. The topic name has been updated to reflect this. How it works with other card providers is outside of our reach. There’s another topic suitable for more general discussions on airport lounges and how to access them: Airport Lounges

1 Like

Yes, definitely.

2 Likes

I’d agree that the quality of pay per use lounges is just not on par with airline own with access via elite status or cabin class. That said, I’m not always flying with Oneworld who I have status with so I do appreciate Loungekey as a back up. But yes, absolutely it’s not a perk that should be the deciding factor on whether to upgrade to metal or not - and if anyone is expecting the Concord Room they’re going to be disappointed. X number of free visits each year would make it sweeter though. Maybe the ability to book for guaranteed entry??

1 Like

used it today at Stansted. Worked great - and £15 is a great price for a lounge that charges £27 i think to prebook.The price of a couple of glasses of wine in the main terminal. What I like about this system, compared to say Priority Pass, is that you dont have to pay for a membership, only to be refused entry. If you don’t get in, you don’t pay anything.

1 Like

You still pay a £150/year membership fee for Curve metal.

1 Like