FAQs - Xero

faqs

SETTING UO YOUR XERO ACCOUNT

What is Xero?

Xero is an online accounting software that helps small businesses and accountants save time on paperwork and get paid faster. With Xero, you can:

• Keep on top of the paperwork: automate bank transaction imports, reconciliation, payments, and much more.
  • Get paid faster with online invoicing: send online invoices to your customers - and get updated when they’re opened.
  • Run your business on the go: use the Xero mobile app to reconcile, send invoices or create expense claims - from anywhere.
How do I connect Curve to my Xero account?

To connect your Curve account to Xero:

1. In the “Connect” menu, under “Available Connections”, tap on “Xero”
  2. Toggle on “Connect to Xero”
  3. On Connect to Your Xero Account** , log-in using your Xero account details
    a) If you have 2 factor authentication enabled for your Xero account you will need to verify your account at this point
  4. Select the Organisation you want to connect your Curve to, and tap “Allow Access”

CurveAuthenticationXeroFAQ.gif

1. You will now be taken to the “Set Up Curve to Xero Connection” screen
    a) 1st step is to select the cards you use for business. Selected cards will have a check mark next to it.
    b) 2nd step is to map those business cards to the “Bank Accounts” in Xero
    c) 3rd step - map the Curve purchase categories to the appropriate Xero Chart of Accounts. Only the expense accounts are available to be mapped.

XeroMappingHalf.gif

1. Congratulations! You’ve now connected your Curve account to Xero.
Will all my previous purchases migrate to Xero?

This text will be hidden Any new purchases made after you have connected Curve with Xero will be automatically sent to Xero.

Any purchase can be sent individually to Xero by heading to your Curve app Timeline and sliding the transaction to the left. From there, tap the blue “Business” icon. If the card is mapped to Xero, the transaction will be sent through as Bank Account Transactions. If the card is not mapped to Xero (for personal use), the transaction will be sent through as an Expense Claim.

What if I don’t have a Bank Account set up in Xero for a card I’ve added to Curve?

If you don’t have a Bank Account set up in Xero for a card in your Curve app, purchases made with that card will be sent to a Curve Holding Account.

The Curve Holding Account is created automatically in Xero for sending transactions information from your cards in Curve which do not have a Bank Account set up in Xero.

What is the “Curve Holding Account”?

Your Curve Holding Account is created automatically for sending transaction information from your cards in the Curve app that do not have a Bank Account set up in Xero. These can be credit cards or personal cards that you have loaded into Curve.

How do I remove a card connected to Xero in Curve?

You can remove a card you’ve assigned to Xero by going into the “Manage Xero Connection” screen and tapping on the “Change How your Cards are Mapped” menu. You can then un-select the card you want to remove (check mark will disappear to confirm), then tap next and confirm.

How do I change the Xero Organisation I am currently connected to?

You can change the Xero organisation that is currently connected to Curve by going into the “Manage Xero Connection” screen and tapping on the “Change Xero Organisation”. This will take you into the Xero login page where you can log into your Xero account and then select the new organisation from the drop down menu. Confirm this by tapping on “Allow Access”.

ChangeOrganisationFAQ.gif

TRANSACTIONS

How do Curve transactions appear in Xero?

Any time you make a purchase with Curve using a card that you have connected to Xero, the transaction will appear in your Xero Bank Account Transactions.

A Spend Money transaction in your Account Transactions will be created with the following information:

• Date of purchase (DD-Month-YYYY)
  • Merchant description
  • Payment reference
  • Amount spent (£ GBP)
  • Receipt

Curve purchases are categorised as e-commerce transactions, and appear on your statement as CRV*Merchant name, where “Merchant name” is wherever you made the purchase.

How do I know if a Curve purchase has been sent to Xero?

Transactions sent to Xero will appear with a blue bar on the right hand side of the transaction in your Curve Timeline.

Can I send just a one-off purchase to Xero?

Any purchase can be sent individually to Xero by heading to your Curve app Timeline and sliding the transaction to the left. From there, tap the blue “Business” icon. If the card is mapped to Xero, the transaction will be sent through as Account Transactions. If the card is not mapped to Xero (for personal use), the transaction will be sent through as an Expense Claim.

What happens in Xero if I take a picture of a receipt for a purchase in Curve?

Pictures taken of receipts in your Curve purchases will be automatically attached to the transactions sent to Xero. Xero will show the transaction detail plus the attachment.

What happens if I receive a refund or chargeback to Curve on an account connected to Xero?

When receiving a refund the transaction will be updated as an additional line item in your statement. If the transaction is reversed it should show as deleted.

How do Curve categories correspond to Chart of Accounts in Xero?

With Curve, all of your purchases are automatically categorised into one of the following:

• Business Services
  • Shopping
  • Entertainment
  • Groceries
  • Food & Drink
  • Bills
  • Transport
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Cash
  • General

Each category is mapped to a Xero Chart of Accounts to ensure the appropriate VAT is applied to the purchase.

How can I change/assign a “category” in the Curve app to a Xero Account?

To change what category in Curve is assigned to which Xero account in your organisation’s Chart of Accounts you can tap on “Manage Connection” and select on “Categories and Account Codes”.

Here you will be able to tap on each specific Curve category and reassign it to your desired account.

MappingCategoriesChangeFAQ.gif

GO BACK IN TIME

Can I “Go Back in Time” to/ from a card connected to Xero?

Yes! The transactions in Xero should match what is shown on your bank statement.

“Go Back in Time” (GBiT) transactions will behave the same as they would do with your normal bank statements. A refund will be processed for the original purchase and a corresponding debit transaction will appear in the card where the transaction is moved to.

What happens if I make a personal purchase with a business account connected to Xero?

If you have made a purchase on the wrong card, find the purchase in your transaction timeline and choose ‘Go Back in Time’ option to put the purchase on the correct card.

If this is not possible, toggle the “This is a Business Purchase” to the “off” position. This will update the transaction in Xero to the Chart of Accounts ‘Owner A Drawings’.

Please note if the transaction has been reconciled in Xero, it may no longer be updatable by Curve. If this is the case, please contact your accountant to manually adjust in Xero.

What happens if I have made a business purchase on my personal card?

If you have made a business purchase on a personal card (that is not mapped to Xero), simply toggle the “This is a Business Purchase” to the “on” position. Curve will send this transaction to Xero as an “Expense Claim”.

opened #3