FAQs - Ordering your Curve card

ORDERING YOUR CURVE CARD

Who can get Curve?

Curve is currently available in 27 countries within the European Economic Area (EEA)

The following is a list of eligible EEA countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom (excluding Crown Dependencies: Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man).

In 2019, we plan to start shipping cards to:
Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, and Slovakia.

How do I get Curve?

You can order a Curve Mastercard® by downloading the Curve app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you’ve downloaded the app, follow the sign-up instructions and get set up in minutes. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is complete. This process is subject to completing the required security checks before we can legally issue your card.

How much does Curve cost?

There are two versions: the standard Curve Blue, which is free, and our premium Curve Black.

The premium Curve Black Mastercard® costs a one-off fee of £50. You can earn double the amount of Curve Rewards points with the premium Curve Black Mastercard®, compared to the Curve Blue.

We also have a limited edition offer where you can get a Curve TUMI wallet (worth £60) when you sign up for the premium Curve Black Mastercard®.

WAITLIST

Why is there a waitlist?

Due to high demand, there is currently a waitlist for customers who would like a Curve Mastercard®. We’re shipping cards to the UK and selected European countries from January 2018.

How can I move forward on the waitlist?

The waitlist works like a leaderboard, meaning your position is based on the number of points you have and you can move up and down.

If you are new to the waitlist, you get 3 points when you sign up. If you joined before November 2017, you get 4 points when you downloaded the latest version of the app (available on iOS and Android) and sign in. For each friend you refer who signs up for Curve, you will get 10 points.

Why am I moving backwards on the waitlist?

The waitlist works like a leaderboard, meaning your position is based on the number of points you have and you can move up and down.

If you are new to the waitlist, you get 3 points when you sign up. If you joined before November 2017, you get 4 points when you downloaded the latest version of the app (available on iOS and Android) and sign in. For each friend you refer who signs up for Curve, you will get 10 points.

Can I change my order details after joining the waitlist?

Yes. You can change your order details at any time by contacting Curve Support on support@imaginecurve.com.

Please note that you may be asked to confirm some security details prior to any changes being made.

How will I know when my Curve Mastercard® is ready?

We will send you an email and a notification on your phone when you reach the front of the waitlist. You can then add your first funding card to your Curve account in the app. Once you have added the first funding card, we will send you your new Curve Mastercard®!

I don’t want Curve anymore. How can I get off the waitlist?

You can cancel your order and remove yourself from the waitlist at any time by contacting Curve Support on support@imaginecurve.com.

DELIVERY

Is my delivery tracked?

Your Curve Mastercard® is sent out by First Class Royal Mail post and is generally very reliable. We don’t currently track deliveries.

My card hasn’t arrived, is it lost in the post?

We will send you an email when your order is being processed and we’ll post it first class post the next working day. Delivery time depends on where your Curve is being shipped to, 5 days for UK and 1-2 weeks for EEA.

If your card is 10 days later than expected, and it is not at your local post office, nor with a neighbour, please contact us at support@imaginecurve.com so we can investigate. If your card is lost in the post, don’t worry - we’ll send you another one free of charge. Plus, Curve Mastercard® cards are sent out deactivated, so no-one will be able to use it.

ADDING FUNDING CARDS

Which funding cards can I add to Curve?

You can add most Visa or MasterCard® credit and debit cards. We don’t support American Express, Maestro, Diners Club, JCB or UnionPay.

We support a selected list of prepaid cards: Monzo, Osper, Tide, Revolut, Monese, Loot, N26, Qonto, and Soldo.

Was I charged when I added my card?

When adding a funding card, £1 will be pre authorised from your account and immediately refunded. It might take 2-3 days before it’s reflected in your funding account.

Why do you use a micro charge?

Sending you a microcharge is one of the ways we verify your funding card. We send the card a small charge £1 that is immediately refunded. It might take 2-3 days before it’s reflected in your funding account. It is the transaction reference which you will need to verify your card.

Where is my verification code?

It may take up to 3-5 five days before the micro charge will appear in your bank statement. It is the transaction reference which you will need to verify your card. If you can’t wait, you can phone your bank who will be able to give you the microcharge code.

The micro charge £1 will be refunded immediately, however, might take 3-5 days before it’s reflected in your funding account.

Can I add funding cards in any currency to Curve?

Curve supports the following currencies: GBP, EUR, USD, CNY, JPY, HKD, NZD, SEK, ZAR, NOK, BRL, CAD, ILS, CHF, SGD, INR, RUB, AUD, BGN, CZK, DKK, HRK, HUF, ISK, PLN, RON.

You can still add a payment card that uses a different currency but your card will be charged in GBP. This means there’ll be more fees from your bank for spending in a different currency. To avoid this, make sure your payment card is in one of the supported currencies above.

How do I change the currency of my cards in the app?

You can change the currency of the funding card in the app. Go to the funding card you wish to change the currency of and tap the ‘i’ icon next to it, then select ‘Edit’ in the top right hand corner. You can then click on the drop down arrow where the currency is listed and choose the correct currency.

Curve currently supports the following currencies: GBP, EUR, USD, CNY, JPY, HKD, NZD, SEK, ZAR, NOK, BRL, CAD, ILS, CHF, SGD, INR, RUB, AUD, BGN, CZK, DKK, HRK, HUF, ISK, PLN, RON.

If you select a currency which isn’t listed here, your card will be charged in GBP.

pinned #2

closed #3

unpinned #4