Double transaction

Hi all

I hope some one can shed some light please as I have two questions I need help with regarding my curve metal card

First I tried to use contactless and no matter where I put the card it will not work ?

Second I made a transaction in Tesco yesterday 30th and all went through ok and now today the 1st another transaction for the same amount has been taken I contacted customer service but been asked for the decline receipt but obviously don’t have one as it went through fine

About your second question, I have also a similar experience but for an online transaction. I used curve to top-up my mobile sim-card and everything was OK (July 28th). Next day, in the morning, I saw a notification from curve saying that I have been charged again for the same purchase. I contacted the support and they told me the second one is processed offline and the first one should be automatically reversed (in 3-5 working days). Surprisingly, both the transactions are now shown processed on my credit card statement (after around 3 days). The point is that Curve, instead of releasing the first payment, has claimed it as a successful transaction. Maybe it wants to start a refund process at a later moment! I had never experienced such a thing before using different credit/debit and even prepaid cards. It seems that Curve still has some serious bugs in its processing system (@Curve_Josh).
See this: Double charge on card from what was meant to be a refund causing overdraft charges
Anyway, I am still waiting to see what happens in the next few days.

Anyway, the questions were posted on July 1st and no one has answered yet! @Curve_Ivo

Hey guys, sorry for missing this post! Firstly, I’d like to welcome both of you to the Community :grin:

I hope I can provide some clarity on this. When you make a purchase, the merchant first sends us a message that you owe them money. Due to the way Curve processes transactions, we charge the money from your underlying card immediately and the merchant has up to 7 days to take the money from us.

If the merchant doesn’t claim the money within 7 days, then we automatically return it to you. However, sometimes the merchant sends an Offline transaction to claim the money before 7 full days have passed. This results in the transaction being charged twice.

As mentioned, the transaction that isn’t captured should reverse automatically within 7 working days. If you get in touch with our support team they can sometimes speed this process up for you too.

I understand it’s not the most straight forward process but unfortunately we have no control over merchants sending offline transactions. But, I have flagged this with our team so that they can work on how to improve these situations going forward.

So, normally merchant should only send offline transaction after 7 days? Is that some kind of visa/mastercard rule?
I have encountered few offline transactions myself in past but cant remember if they were when using Curve.
As I understand, normally offline transaction happen only when something was tehnically not right with “online” transaction, for example, I paid with card in supermarket, purchase went thru, but transaction was nowhere to be found in statement and balance did not change. It corrected itself only later (days) as “delayed transaction”.
So far everything was correct with balance after that.