Diners Club/Discover Card Support

+1 for Diners Club support. Any news here?

In the UK, acceptance of Diners Club has massively increased too, with any merchant that processes its card transactions with Barclaycard now accepting it. But hardly anyone in the UK has Diners Club any more, so nobody has noticed.

+1 for DinersClub support! :slight_smile:

+1 for Diners Card Support! in austria, switzerland and germany, the Dinersclub has a very high level of acceptance and is therefore urgently needed.

hallo kass, also ich kann fast überall mit diners in vorarlberg bezahlen :wink:

Hi there! Unfortunately, I can only partially agree with you. Daily shopping is now no longer a problem, it becomes difficult when you want to buy services (e.g. book travel) or buy through web shops, PayPal is also one of those things!
The acceptance on my business trips is also rather mixed.

I can currently process about 60 to 65% of my payments via Diners. It would be an extreme plus for me to see the integration in Curve, if only because of Apple Pay!

Diners Club and PayPal work just fine in my opinion. I use it all the time…

Yes, they do, but you pay in USD not EUR!

See: https://www.dinersclub.at/karten/akzeptanzstellen/paypal.html

1 Like

Hi, if possible I think that it would be great if support for Discover cards could be added to Curve. Although Discover aren’t huge in Europe, they are still the fourth largest credit card brand in the US, behind Visa, MasterCard and American Express, with nearly 44 million cardholders.

Discover offer pretty great cash back on many of their cards, making them a potentially viable option (coupled with Curve Cash) in place of the late American Express.

I am not sure of the process behind Curve adding support for new card brands, but if it is relatively easy then I would like to throw in a vote for Discover.

1 Like

I would vote for it, except we don’t even have support for maestro and even Visa Electron works in a half baked non official capacity

2 Likes

Fair enough. :slight_smile: I suppose Maestro, Visa Electron, JCB, Diners Club etc might come first. If only American Express worked I wouldn’t care much about Discover. I am just on the hunt for cash back.

I’ve only managed to find a few non-Amex cash back card options in the UK, mainly Barclaycard and Santander. Both offer a measly 0.25% (?) cash back (compared to the likes of Amex or Discover).

On a somewhat unrelated note, I got my hands on a Barclaycard recently which I used last month (about 2000 GBP spent). But my summary page is saying that I have 0% cash back earned. So I guess that Barclaycard are also “blocking” Curve for whatever reason. Adding Discover support would get around this issue nicely though :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s right idea. But it should be the same implementation like PayPal have. PayPal accept the Diners Club card the same like Discover card.

Because in Czech Republic we have Diners Club, but it is possible add to PayPal like Discover card. But e.g. to Apple iTunes or to Google Play store is not possible add Diners Club card like Discover card. :sob:

That’s interesting. I found this as well on Wikipedia:

Starting around 2005, to increase acceptance around the world, Discover has formed several agreements with other payment networks internationally. This allows Discover cardholders to perform transactions while traveling abroad. Some major examples include:

** Diners Club International worldwide*
** BC Card in South Korea*
** JCB in Japan*
** RuPay in India*
** TROY in Turkey[14]*
** UnionPay in China*
** Verve in Nigeria*

In 2015, due to the growth of Chinese card processor UnionPay, Discover became the world’s most widely accepted card

I wonder if the case with Apple is related to the country setting of the Apple ID in question. I would guess that US Apple IDs would be able to use Discover and Diners Club without any problem.

1 Like

Diners Club is Discover in Europe it’s the same network. Discover owns diners club network and general license for Diners Club.

I see, then I suppose adding support to Curve for Diners Club, would also lead to Discover cards working?

Perhaps the title should be changed to “Diners Club/Discover Card Support” :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help with merging the two posts!

EDIT: Reading this from Wikipedia, I wonder if all of the cards on the list would work in the same way as Diners Club and Discover does.

If they do, then perhaps the title of the thread should be renamed to “Diners Club/Discover/BC/JCB/RuPay/TROY/UnionPay/Verve Card Support” (?)

Starting around 2005, to increase acceptance around the world, Discover has formed several agreements with other payment networks internationally. This allows Discover cardholders to perform transactions while traveling abroad. Some major examples include:

*** Diners Club International worldwide**
*** BC Card in South Korea**
*** JCB in Japan**
*** RuPay in India**
*** TROY in Turkey[14]**
*** UnionPay in China**
*** Verve in Nigeria**

In 2015, due to the growth of Chinese card processor UnionPay, Discover became the world’s most widely accepted card

1 Like

@Curve_Marie any news about Diners/Discover support since Curve is going to launch in USA and there Discover is major player. Thnx

4 Likes