Custom App Icons!

So, my idea is probably far down the bottom of the pile, but from my understanding, could be fairly quick to implement with a few minutes of coding.

Custom app icons… you’ve upgraded to metal or black? why not change the app icon to match it?

460x0w rainbowtest
(I’ve mocked a couple up, based on Curve Red, and Curve’s Pride icon)

I’ve also found a way to do it myself via webapps/profiles, until/if we get this officially, and it looks AMAZING. Fly them colours :rainbow_flag:

5 Likes

This would be VERY cool!!

1 Like

it shouldn’t take too long/much effort to add to the app either :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Monzo currently do this, and it’s quite a nice feature to have.

1 Like

Yeah, I got the idea from Monzo tbf… I just love it. I have the Monzo Pride icon :smiley:

1 Like

LOL but how can you see it over that background? :stuck_out_tongue:

No issues with them doing this but would love in-app card images to be correct (and made changeable again!) first lol. I wonder if the Devs get any 20% time where they could do this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna end up at the office begging them no doubt :joy:

1 Like

looks like @curve_tobias might be suggesting this to the engineers… fingers crossed we get this ;D

0 Likes

We have chat about it, need to find a good space to put the option and we already have some ideas for app icons… in line with our new top product line up :wink:

2 Likes

@curve_tobias

Make sure the Curve pride one is in there :rainbow_flag:
I don’t think it’s too hard to implement??

1 Like

The iOS engineers have confirmed it isn’t too hard, like I said we need a decent place to put the option and good UI for presenting & choosing the different options.

1 Like

This is monzo’s App icon gui…

1 Like

Nice work @Dann

1 Like

Thanks mate! Love the fact this is getting some traction!

2 Likes