Curve's Product Roadmap Q1 2019

I meant on the actual Curve app, it’d be better to have a live chat for support, as seen on other fintech banks such as Monzo, N26 etc.

2 Likes

@Curve_Marie ,from your Roadmap it appears as though those who have paid for CurveBlack have now essentially wasted their money unless you plan on upgrading them to the next tier free of charge/by having them pay the discrepancy between the two tiers as the only difference (additional feature) is the travel insurance and metal card.Therefore those currently on CurveBlack will have essentially have lost their £50 that they paid for the benefits that you’re moving to the next tier unless you plan on refunding them.Please could you clarify what the plan is for current CurveBlack clients?

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon

It would be great if the physical location of the merchant was passed on to the underlying card. I have a Visa card co-branded with BP that gives 6% cashback at BP petrol stations in Portugal as well as a MasterCard that gives a 4 cent/liter cashback at Galp petrol stations.

With the transaction location being London, there’s no cashback…

1 Like

There are 3 tiers. Curve Black users like yourself and myself are keeping the features and even gaining some. The metal card is purely bringing extras. They have another post on the forum outlining everything they’ve said publicly.

1 Like

What changes can we expect from the advanced timeline? Additionally, what about non-UK cards?

We will send out an email with more information. When that’s out I’ll create a new thread on the forum with the details and so the Curve team can answer questions from everyone. This is what our @Curve_TCB wrote in his newsletter (summarised here):

“Adding more benefits to Curve Black
Worldwide travel and medical insurance (for UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain residents to start with), higher fee-free limits for spending abroad, Amex support for UK residents with £1000 fee-free monthly spend, and more - Curve Black is more attractive than ever. If you are already a Curve Black owner, we will send you an email shortly with more information.”

It seems like you are in good company wanting to collect points via Curve in a more seamless way. Would you be interested in creating a thread in the Feedback and Ideas category explaining the use case so we can gauge the interest for this?

You will have more information about your transactions. From the Trello card:
“Get an enhanced view of all your transactions (including declines) in one place: all the information from your payments, the merchant, Google Places API as well as a central place for all your notifications.”

Could you elaborate? Do you mean who can get a Curve card today or are you referring to the upcoming Metal cards?

2 Likes

Someting similar was discussed here:

Show In-Store purchase as offline

And I have created a Topic for this in the Feedback and Ideas category.

Though I think for you to be able to collect cashback you even need a more precise location. For the issue described in the link, it would be sufficient that offline is shown when an in-store payment took place, that in that case London is shown as the location is not a problem (for you this is probably not good enough to get your cashback).

1 Like

I mean linking cards to the Curve account that are not from the UK. What info would they show?

Speaking of, do you have plans for international expansion outside of the EEA?

Curve cards from outside UK show up just like UK cards, tough the card images are sometimes a little weird

I have some added so I know how they work now - and yeah - images are a huge issue but I am simultaneously surprised that some of the images are already there. I meant about the new features wrt Open Banking. Are there any plans to integrate with an online banking aggregator like Billguard does?

1 Like

Will the metal card incur a one-off fee like Black or will it be a monthly subscription?

I hope there is a choice to get the metal card without the subscription.

7 Likes

I rather they charge only a1 off fee to the new metal card than subscription fees. After all it’s not a credit card revolution is already silly enough to do like that. Although they actually provided a services and account within. At least for exisiting curve black customers they should charge any… but anyone from other tiers may be accept to charge a small fee

1 Like

I agree, the in-app chat will be great for the urgent issues support, as the email support is a bit slow (2-3-4 days).

The Trello board suggests that black will no longer be supported and instead replaced for the following:

We are moving to a subscription-based model, keeping the Blue (free) tier and adding two new paid tiers with different limits and allowances. You can benefit from:

• 0FX for international transactions
  • 0FX for ATM withdrawals abroad
  • Amex as funding card (UK only for the moment)
  • Cashback and Rewards introductory offer
  • Go Back in Time with your transactions
  • Curve card spending limits
  • Travel and Gadget insurance
  • Metal card

Does this mean that the cashback for initial Black card holders will be stopped? Similarly, what benefits will apply to which subscription?

Surely not? That’s a right kick in the teeth for those who purchased the pro card.

1 Like

Black isn’t going anywhere. Curve have clarified that this is a tier onto of the black card.

1 Like

Although at present it seems a little bit unclear as to what will happen to existing cardholders and how long any extension of benefits will apply.

Any news on when the Amex closed beta is going to end?

As soon as possible, but not before it’s ready. In other words: we don’t know quite yet :slight_smile: