Curve Product Update November 2019

Curve Product Update November 2019

This is a short recap on what we are working on, what we have planned, and challenges we might have encountered. We’ll post the update every second Tuesday of the month.

CURRENT PROJECTS:

• Curve Send
  • Onboarding process
  • App redesign
  • Samsung and Google Pay

Click here all monthly updates.

CURVE SEND (P2P)

Version 3 is now out where you can send and receive money to and from any card. After getting feedback here on the community and via our survey, It became clear that this was the majority preference over funds onto Curve Cash.

We have started looking into the option of sending request and funds to non-curve customers.

ONBOARDING

When the new onboarding process is ready, new customers will be able to download Curve and start spending within less than a minute :stopwatch: This will be made possible with virtual (visual representation) cards and X Pay.

With the virtual card, you will be able to see your full card details in the app (will require passcode/biometrics) and we will roll out the sleekest card yet :eyes: The visual representation of your card will mean you can make online payments using the card details, however, you’ll need X Pay to pay with your device.

Outline:

• New customers are now able to set up their own PIN as a part of the onboarding. :heavy_check_mark:
  • Customers will be able to spend minutes after signing up.
  • The signup will also be changed from using your email to sign up and using your phone number instead.
  • It will be possible to add shared payment cards onto other Curve accounts.

APP REDESIGN

The new profile has been rolled out for iOS and there’s a lot more than what meets the eyes.

We are looking into a different information architecture for the account and my card section, which is why the Android version is lagging a bit behind. It will get the tender loving care that it deserves :blush::heart:

A web version has been suggested and received quite a few votes. What functionalities would you like to have on the web? Creating an account online before downloading the app? Locking your card? Please visit the topic to add your suggestions :point_right: Web app version.

SAMSUNG AND GOOGLE PAY

We’ve launched Samsung Pay and Google Pay. The next step we are on is push provisioning. This means that when you sign up for Samsung and Google Pay your Curve card will appear with a click of a button.

Although we have launched these features for UK customers, a limited number of customers outside of the UK have been able to add their Curve card. Google Pay and Samsung Pay will be rolled out internationally in 2020 :rocket:

Some of you caught on before the official announcements! It’s amazing to be working with such engaged customers. The soft launch allowed us some time to ensure things were working as expected. Thank you to everyone who tried it out and gave us feedback :heart_eyes:

We tripled our Product Design team! Chris and Romain joined us this month :clap: :smiley:

And a little sneak peek for next year: Extra Security Measures.

10 Likes

Very bad news for non UK users that (we) were looking forward to GPay as much as UK people, and should still wait longer for.

6 Likes

Google Pay has been set up for an initial market and will be brought to the others as soon as possible. I’d call that progress, not bad news!

4 Likes

I hope :muscle:
Thanks for your reply

What about Apple Pay?

4 Likes

Argh waiting for GPay or Samsung Pay for Italy :blush:

2 Likes

Move to UK and you will have it quick.

How can I get an UK nuneration from a different country?

seconded! I would actually use my curve card so much more often if there was Apple Pay

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Curve Send (P2P): Any card to any card in over 25 different currencies