Curve Product Update June 2020

Curve Product Update June 2020

This is a short recap on what we are working on, what we have planned, and challenges we might have encountered. We’ll post the update every second Tuesday of the month! :tada:

Click here all monthly updates.

CURRENT PROJECTS

CURVE CREDIT

Introducing Curve Credit. Go back in time and pay later. Click here to be one of the first ones to try it.

Join the community discussion: Curve begins testing Curve Credit

LAUNCHED PROJECTS

ADDING FUNDING CARD ERROR MESSAGE
We’re improving the messaging when you’re trying to add a funding card that’s not supported. :no_entry_sign:

DECLINE MESSAGES
We’ve added instant decline notification alerts to keep you in the loop :bulb: You’ll know exactly why your card was declined and how to resolve it there and then at the checkout.

CARDS DETAILS IN APP
Ever been all set to check out online and realise you don’t have your card at hand? We’ve placed the card details in your Curve app so you never have to hunt for your card again :credit_card:

Simply tap and copy the card number, paste your details from your Curve app into the checkout and voila, you’re done :white_check_mark:

FX RATES AND FEES
We’ve separated the rates and potential fees from your transactions so you’ll know exactly how much your spending. :beach_umbrella::sunny:

CURVE METAL OFFICIALLY IN EUROPE

IN OTHER NEWS

NOT ALL HEROES WEAR PANTS
We have partnered with Mastercard to create a social campaign with the aim of raising £100,000 for food banks in the UK

CURVE IS COMING TO THE USA
You can now join our waiting list and be one of the very firsts to get the Curve Card in the USA. And if you make it to the top 100 on the waitlist, you’ll get a year’s free premium subscription

7 Likes

One of the things I like most. I’m curious to try it :eyes:

5 Likes

@Curve_Marie I really look forward to the Curve Credit feature although I probably don’t really need it as I like pay everything without additional costs which I assume using installments would incur.
Please can you confirm if this is a UK-only feature initially or if it will be available for testing (and upon release) for users from all countries?

Commissions will be 0%

1 Like

Glad to hear that. Is there a list with details like commission (0% sounds great but it needs to be paid for somehow so I wonder if this could be a premium feature only…), max amount of payments each month (probably dependent on overall usage like other limits and higher paid members), number of installments per item (e.g. up to 3 or 6 monthly payments) or overall active installments (e.g. no more than two separate installments at any given time), etc.

If you read the Techcrunch article, you can see it written during the trial period, the commissions will be 0%.

And later on will be interesting

I think it will be said just before the global launch :smiley:

Can we get some more info on this please? What potential fees would there be? I see a lot of people in the forums complaining about lack of transparency around FX rates so keen to hear more before I upgrade to Metal

1 Like

I assume that it is about the separation of the fx rate from the weekend surcharge and atm withdrawal fee (if above free limit)

1 Like

As well as the overage fee if you go through your foreign-spend cap.

Maybe they will also show the difference to the ECB rate, can you confirm @Curve_Marie?

A post was merged into an existing topic: We’ve launched Samsung Pay

This is a welcome improvement. Does “potential fees” include Curve’s markups (eg. weekends/minor currencies), or will those continue to be included in the “rate”?

Well, I’m on the waiting list now. Didn’t make it early enough to get free premium, but still in the first couple thousand.

Now I’m curious- does “premium” in this context mean Black or Metal? Will we even be getting Metal at first?

Hey there! At the moment the final decision about how we’re realising Curve into the states hasn’t been confirmed yet, but keep an eye on the community pages as we’ll update them as soon as we know.

1 Like

All fees including weekend fee are itemised separately from the FX rate.

2 Likes

Brilliant, thank you!

Have you got an example of this?

Found an example in my timeline for you

3 Likes