Curve Product Update July 2020

Curve Product Update July 2020

This is a short recap on what we are working on, what we have planned, and challenges we might have encountered. We’ll post the update every second Tuesday of the month! :tada:

Click here all monthly updates.

CURRENT PROJECTS

CURVE CREDIT
Introducing Curve Credit. Go back in time and pay later. Click here to be one of the first ones to try it.

Join the community discussion: Curve begins testing Curve Credit

REFUNDS
We’re rebuilding refunds with a brand new refunds process that’s going to be faster than before, and puts the customer in control.

GBIT
As soon as we have refunds out, we’ll be working on getting GBiT back to you too. :construction_worker_man:t4::construction_worker_woman:t4:

LAUNCHED PROJECTS

BROUGHT IT IN-HOUSE
We became our own e-money and card issuer in a spectacular manner! Read all about it here - Wirecard: Updates

METAL INVESTOR CARDS
The metal investor cards have arrived and they look fantastic!

@FlareCO @jradeske, @YetAnotherMagnate, and @jvieira73 :camera: :eyes:

IN OTHER NEWS

SAMSUNG PAY - Powered by Curve

ASK CURVE ON TWITTER
We’ve launched a dedicated account for customer queries - @AskCurve. Tweet or drop us a DM any time between 9am-6pm, any day of the week and we’ll get back to you ASAP!

3 Likes

No real news to anyone on the forum, more a monthly recap. Which is fine.

We are, however, many who read the communication from last week stating that refunds would be launched ”early next week”. Today is Tuesday, end of business. With that said, the early part if the week is now gone and we are more mid week.

In the same communication from last week, it was mentioned that GBiT would be back ”hopefully end of next week” or similar wording. Now that refunds did not materialize ”early this week” should we assume that the return of GBiT, once again, is pushed further into the future?

2 Likes

Ok… so when:

• fixing MCC passing
  • G-Pay in EU…
10 Likes

Really need GBiT to be working. This is a real pain it is not. Any idea when it will be.

4 Likes

You should think about implementing samsung pay in eea before creating some new Samsung pay card. Priorities aren’t understood here I guess.

1 Like

I assume the Samsung Pay Card announcement is just announcing the collaboration contract. I’d be surprised if we see anything more about it this current year, so I doubt it’s a “priority”.

1 Like

Yes, so that’s one more “great thing” Wich Curve announces but which will take 1year to be real for us.

1 Like

Also when … Metal Card with national BIN

Only for metal card?

Blue and Black already have local BINs in many countries. All Metal cards, currently, have a UK BIN.

So local bin for all cards

In Istanbul they get UK bin from my card, and forced GB converting on the card at the airport
From http://steampowered.com/ they say it have a Germany bin and block the card

@hup hmm. Not sure that Steampower issue might also be caused by the reason that some categories of payment are not working In General for curve. As far as I know stuff like gambling, adult/erotic content, lotteries and other stuff is blocked by curve and can’t in general with curve. Maybe steampower is that kind of payment?

You mean buyng
Games

half-life
Counter strike
Call of duty
The sims
Cities: Skylines
Horizon Zero Dawn
Command & Conquer

Or hardware like
Valve Index VR Kit

Or buying online software

Is gambling?

I contacted there support after the card failed
And they told me the bin are registered to germany and they block the card, since is different from my
home country
Store country

Even a UK bin will be blocked in my case

The issue
My card dont have a bin registered to Denmark
And they only allow local cards
Or paypal

@hup I did not checked that page in detail was just a guess what It might be. But when it’s Germany then yes - but even if it was UK it wouldn’t help. Wondering that they said German BIN - always Heard that people complain it’s only UK. First time hearing that someone has German BIN.

But Never mind, this seems to be one of the use cases where you see Curve Is not 100% of cards and payments in one card … it’s still great Product - but has some gaps.

It the biggest site to buy games
Maybe you have heard of it

Agree

Curve have there good side
And bad side

Having lots of issues with places rejecting my Curve Card, even Netflix wont accept it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Google Pay and Garmin Pay… Still waiting …