Curve Product Update April 2020

Curve Product Update April 2020

This is a short recap on what we are working on, what we have planned, and challenges we might have encountered. We’ll post the update every second Tuesday of the month :tada:

CURRENT PROJECTS:

• Card Details in-app
  • Decline Reason
  • Curve Fronted
  • AXA Insurance

Click here all monthly updates.

CARD DETAILS IN-APP
The days where you have to look for your physical wallet will be gone. In the app, you’ll be able to see you full card number aka PAN, expiry date, and CVV.

CURVE FRONTED
Curve Fronted will be expanded. You can read more about this in the coming weeks.

AXA INSURANCE
The insurance offer has been expanded from 7 countries to 29!

DECLINE REASON
The work continues by sending you proactive messages. Some examples:

• Your funding card is about to expire
  • Your Curve card hasn’t been activated
  • Your limits have nearly been reached
17 Likes

The time has finally come for a function that will be much loved.

11 Likes

These are both great news :slight_smile:

Does this mean fees will be charged on more transactions?

1 Like

Presumably so, as Curve said this already when fees were introduced for HMRC. Further merchants like NS&I and other government departments etc… Where they don’t typically take a credit card as payment.

To be clear - you’re going to cause confusion and potential embarrassment for your customers by declining their transactions because their funding card has not expired?!

Feel free to nudge me about this by in-app message / email / push message - but please don’t start declining transactions just to get my attention!

3 Likes

agreed, that’s interesting. If my bank wouldn’t refuse the transaction, why would Curve?

1 Like

Yes, @Malik is into it :slight_smile: You’ll get a more in-depth info on the type of transactions or user journey. I’ll link to it here in the OP.

@DanG and @Mollaka, these will be proactive messages so you’ll avoid a decline :blush: Nobody wants a decline to happen!

4 Likes

perfect, thanks! <3

Is there any update on when the bug stopping people upgrading to Metal will be fixed. I’ve tried the normal and beta app and teh same error when i go to confirm my address. It’s been over a month now and nothing other than ‘it effecting a small number of customers’ and ‘our engineers are working on it’. As a software development project manager myself, if you don’t have an estimate on when this will be fixed, given it’s revenue effecting, you should be looking for new team memebers.

1 Like

Still no hint about Samsung/Google pay… So sad :frowning:

6 Likes

As it says ‘proactive messages,’ I assume you will be notified about these things to avoid declined transactions. @Curve_Marie can you confirm this?

She did already (thanks), was just a little confused as it was under the heading ‘decline reason’ and with 2 examples that will be useful to get at the point of actually making a transaction.

2 Likes

Unfortunatelly, it seems that Google Pay will not be available for EU (Czech) soon.

1 Like

Fortunately, all my Czech banks (ČSOB, Česká spořitelna, Raiffeisenbank, Moneta) now support Google Pay and Revolut supports it as well. I’m afraid Curve missed this completely… :yawning_face::frowning:

Lucky me I added my Curve Card to Google Pay sometimes in November when it was possible even for non-UK residents. Will buy new phone in autumn, hope Google Pay for Curve will be available EU-wide then. :eu:

7 Likes

Wait so what does Curve Fronted mean? Does this mean more transactions will be charged a fee?

1 Like

in simple terms yes.

1 Like

I can confirm i just added my card to google pay after so many times in past failed…i just made a try today and omg!! The card successfully added!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:thank you curve!!

2 Likes

GREAT! Curve 5375 9000… WORKS :star_struck: outside UK with :
Google Pay (confirmed)
Samsung Pay (confirmed)
Fitbit Pay (confirmed)
Garmin Pay (confirmed)
Wena Pay (waiting to be confirmed)
Apple Pay (from 2+ months ago)

3 Likes

CARD DETAILS IN-APP
The days where you have to look for your physical wallet will be gone. In the app, you’ll be able to see you full card number aka PAN, expiry date, and CVV.

Received my new Curve investor card today. Activated it in the app, then went to the Account tab to view the card details so I can update where I am using this for payments.

The View my Card Details option will show me the card number ( its a new card number), but VCC and Expiry date do not show in the View my card details.

How can I find these out if they are not on the card or available in the app?

This currently makes my account useless to me as I dont even have the card details to use.

Thanks

Steve