Curve commercial vs curve personal. What's the difference nowadays

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Likes

@Curve_Marie You said to raise a ticket if we want to move from a commercial to a personal card. I have commercial Legacy Black, and if/when the unlimited Cashback programme starts up I will likely upgrade to Metal, but I want that to be a personal card. Should I start the upgrade process by raising a ticket, or should I upgrade in the app and then raise a ticket before the Metal card ships?

0 Likes

So I just spoke to my local grocery store manager today to clarify why my card keeps getting declined, he told me that they do not accept commercial cards of any sort, because it’s too expensive for them.

0 Likes

What country is that in? Sounds like a breach of the MasterCard terms of acceptance.

0 Likes

Nope, its not. Any merchant is permitted to decline commercial cards. Payment processors even have a checkmark for online transactions to disallow commercial cards. I also decline them.

0 Likes

Customer Support should be able to do both in one go. I would raise a ticket in app or via support@imaginecurve.com requesting a consumer Metal card and specify which colour you would like :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Thanks for that @Curve_Marie

0 Likes

I’m guessing it’s because of some EEA rule then. When I worked for MasterCard in Canada, it was forbidden to discriminate between any kind of MasterCard (or Diners Cards which had a different interchange rate, as Diners used to run on the MC network in North America).

0 Likes

“within a particular card scheme, if you wish to accept one type of consumer card within one of the three categories of consumer prepaid, consumer debit or consumer credit, you will still be obliged to accept all card types within that particular category.”

“if you choose to accept consumer credit cards from a particular card scheme, you are no longer obliged to accept commercial credit cards from the same card scheme”

https://pt.worldpay.com/global/support/eu-regulation

1 Like

@Space

Do you have a solution yet?

0 Likes