Curve card compromised

So any news in the ‘compromise’

We have received a notification that some of your card details may have been exposed to a possible compromise. To prevent any potential unauthorised transactions we need to block your current card and order a replacement as soon as possible.

Would love to have a follow up on what happens and what you’ve done to prevent it in the future. I’m travelling so super super awkward to have to deal with a replacement card situation.

So any news in the ‘compromise’

We have received a notification that some of your card details may have been exposed to a possible compromise. To prevent any potential unauthorised transactions we need to block your current card and order a replacement as soon as possible.

Would love to have a follow up on what happens and what you’ve done to prevent it in the future. I’m travelling so super super awkward to have to deal with a replacement card situation.

Just wondering, how did you hear about this?

How was you notified?

I received an email from curve subject
“Curve has sent you a message: Curve - urgent response required”

Now it is either an elaborate hoax/spam/phishing/social engineering or something more.

They didn’t actually ask for any details just asked if my address wears correct to resend a new card.

I said yes send away.

Martin

I had further confirmation of a replacement card. Seems legit.

Asked for more details of compromise.

Martin

It might be travelling and change in spending pattern that triggered the system. Someone from our team will follow up with you directly :smile: Can’t discuss your account on a public :grimacing:

@Curve_Marie can we take from your response that no other curve customers have potentially been compromised I.e. it’s not something that has happened at curves end?

Unless of course they too have been travelling or made a big change to their spending pattern…

Edit: that’s assuming this is in no way linked to the MasterCard issue.

I posted as I found it odd as I hadn’t used my card since June 20th.

What I don’t understand is that if there was activity that curve was unsure about then they have access to me via the app … just ask me don’t make me get a new card and have to update my card details everywhere.

Such a PITA.

Did you use the Mastercard Rewards program? There is another announcement here from curve about a data leak that happened there, and they would notify all customers who are affected by that.

Nope haven’t used card in any form since June 20th.

Yeah you didn’t use it since June, but did you register it with the Mastercard program at any point in time before that?

Hi @ritchiem if we receive a notification that your card details may have been compromised we reissue you with a new Curve card to prevent any unauthorised transactions occurring. We do this as a security measure to get ahead of the game before any fraud has the chance to occur on your account.

If you feel any questions about your specific situation are yet to be answered, please drop our support team a message and they will be able to answer them for you :blush: