Curve Android app for Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) phones

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to create an Android app for Huawei Mobile Services phones? (Huawei Mate 30 Pro, P40 series etc)

As you probably know, Huawei can’t license Google services for its new devices. I tried to sideload Curve app to Mate 30 Pro from my other phone, but it is not working properly on HMS phone without Google services - it won’t even launch.

Huawei has its own app store called AppGallery.

There are some Tutorials on YouTube how you can install Google Play Services.

*You may need to reset your phone.

Tried that, but Google is shutting it down. Basically I could install gms without problem, but since last week, error messages are popping up and gms aren’t working if sideloaded

Old thread but just ran into the problem of curve not working on my new p40 Pro. All my other apps work fine including credit cards and starling. Curve is the only app I’m missing on this phone which is a huge loss as I’m a curve metal subscriber and an investor and the phone is too good not to use. My solution at the minute is to use an old android to change cards which is not the most practical.

2 Likes

I agree with u.

I’ve the p40 pro too and i NEED the curve app!

2 Likes

Sideloading works - just not ideal really.

How did you make it work? I downloaded Curve from Aurora Store but I get error message because of no GMS everytime I try to start the app. Version 2.16.2

Most of the apps work without problem when I download them from Aurora Store but not curve

I had to sideload GMS. I’d rather not have GMS but until all the banking apps stop relying on googles invasive software I guess thats the route to go down. It comes with its own security risks obviously but if you understand that and are comfortable with the risks then it will get it working. My plan b was to have a cheapo android phone for bank account access. Legacy banks work in a browser so that’s the one redeeming factor they have. For example natwest app won’t work full stop but at least you can access with a browser.

Same problem here.
Very disappointed
Love the phone and I love Curve so please make it work!
Web app maybe? If nothing

1 Like

I can confirm, that Curve app now works with HMS phone. Funcionality is not 100% because push notifications are not working, but at least I can change cards etc.

I downloaded Curve from Aurora Store to my Huawei P40 Pro and I guess Curve is working with Huawei to bring us 100% HMS version with push notifications soon as GMS version is now available in AppGallery as well - https://appgallery.huawei.com/#/app/C102372409

2 Likes