Current Curve Black cardholders: Subscriptions and Grandfathering

subscription

@Curve_Marie ,if we choose to Grandfather the original Curve Black card,and in the future change our minds (after 6-12 months for example) are we able to upgrade to metal? Obviously I do not expect it to come with a trial at this point,but,would it still be possible to switch?

To all the Curve team…Just another question i forgot to ask… on the “new black Card”, will we find the MasterCard Silver logo ? instead of the orange one…
Hope so !.. if yes, it should be more exciting and helpful to subscribe to the new black card prior to have the metal one here in France…
thanx… Patrick.

@Bentoni - Waiting for confirmation on what exactly happens. Will create a post for “If I have this rewards programme, what happens then?”

Yes, you can change to subscription (new Black or Metal) at any time. Please be aware that you cannot change back to the grandfathered Curve Black card afterwards.

The black card has the MasterCard colours, on Metal it’s silver

If on the grandfathered black, do we get a silver Mastercard logo too?

And for new cards moving forward, will you drop the mastercard name and just use the logo, as per their move recently? https://www.wsj.com/articles/mastercard-drops-its-name-from-logo-11546858800

I read metal earlier and have updated the reply.

Not quite sure what the future brings, however, it will likely continue to be colours on the black card. The MasterCard logo on the metal card is silver.

—-

@paulj It will be considered for the future cards

I have my suspicion that the silver Mastercard logo is exclusive to the Mastercard World Elite series of cards. If the card is now part of the World Elite scheme, then it probably cannot sport the silver logo. So, this is more of a technical limitation rather than design choice.

Since the new Black has no planned LoungeKey access, I doubt it will ever get the silver logo. Obviously Curve might introduce it at a later date.

Into which Lounges can I get with Revolut Metal?

Do you mean Curve Metal or Revolut Metal? If Revolut Metal, please ask in the Revolut forum :slight_smile:

Into which Lounges can I get with Revolut Metal?

Do you mean Curve Metal or Revolut Metal? If Revolut Metal, please ask in the Revolut forum :slight_smile:

And in case you did mean Curve Metal, then currently nothing. Curve Metal is only in beta right now and details regarding LoungeKey have not been finalised yet. I expect we will know more in time for the public launch.

You can Google LoungeKey and you should find which lounges they allow access to in which airports. It’s a pretty decent selection.

Blockquote Since the new Black has no planned LoungeKey access, I doubt it will ever get the silver logo. Obviously Curve might introduce it at a later date.

Blockquote Into which Lounges can I get with Revolut Metal?

Blockquote Do you mean Curve Metal or Revolut Metal? If Revolut Metal, please ask in the Revolut forum :slight_smile:

This was a rhetorical question, as the Revolut Metal has a silver logo and no lounge access. I wanted to stress that one should not jump to conclusions.

Then perhaps just state that, as sarcasm can be hard to read.

But regarding Revolut metal Lounge access, I think Airport Lounges is something they’ve had ‘coming soon’ for a while now haven’t they?

Seems they’re stalled on that.
Full lounge access is a killer feature that costs a lot, so not much of the profit seems to stick with the card provider.

Right sorry, didn’t notice that it was rhetorical.

It seems that the World Elite element of cards isn’t standardised in any way, as different card providers have different benefits. Quite confusing, given the MasterCard website just flat out claims World Elite cards have X benefits.

I’m confused about the cashback. It says “1% cashback on 6 select retailers”. Currently I get 3% cashback on about 30 retailers. So why the change?

I’ve just asked the same thing in the HELP forum! :slight_smile:

The original Curve Black rewards scheme was an ongoing 3-5% reward on about 30 retailers. This was then changed (for new card applicants) to a much more limited scheme of about 6 retailers lasting a maximum of 6 months.

But the original early account holders were entitled to continue with the original (better) reward scheme.

Not too sure how this will pan out for grandfathered legacy cards. Getting quite complicated :kissing:

@Doppjunat & @MrChagle - I found this higher up (you need to be pretty dedicated to go through it all :smiley: ) from @Curve_Marie 5 hours ago. So it is still to be decided or it is decided and they are working out how to break it to us…

Thank you @neilthompson

This thread is getting long and quite hard to understand as things seem to be changing by the minute! :wink:

Absolutely. @Curve_Marie, how about a fresh set of FAQs just on this subject and make it a sticky thread?

That might save repetitive questions and confused card holders…:slightly_smiling_face: